We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PCV - Good for young children??

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
PCV - Good for young children??

Hi All,

Potentially looking to come around Feb-Mar 2015, I have a 3.5 year old son - what entertainment is available? Does the kids pool have slides or anything?

Thanks

Em

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
97,242 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PCV - Good for young children??

No slides as far as I remember at the kids club.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
833 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PCV - Good for young children??

When we were there last time they had small plastic little tikes type play equipment including a jungle gym complete with a slide and a seperate playhouse on the cement deck around the kids pool but not one that was used to enter the pool. I cant comment on the activities because both my children are beyond using the kids club. We never went in the kids club building to see what else they had for the little ones to do. Sorry.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PCV - Good for young children??

Although our children are older, I would say this resort is good for young children based upon what I observed March 2014. We met multiple families there with children aged 2 - 10. Here is what our family saw:

Quiet sheltered beach. If your child can wear a swimming mask, tropical fish very close to shore!

More than enough shade at the beach if you stay back and under the mangroves.

Shallow water at edge. Caution: Require beach shoes.

Good sand for digging, sand castles etc.

Walkways are wide, concrete based and stroller friendly.

"Kiddies" pool separate to the main pool.

"Kids Club" on site.

I believe there may be limited day care on site.

Age appropriate activities at the pool.

"Mini disco" each night at approx. 7 pm in the main lobby. Staff who led this had all ages up and dancing with the kids.

Large options for food. Plenty of "junk" food and fresh veggies and fruit.

Would recommend a ground floor room for easier access.

Staff seemed to genuinely appreciate the young children and went out of their way to help the parents at meal times.

All public areas are very clean including the public washrooms.

Overall age of guests is varied. Definitely not a "young" party till they drop crowd.

cardiff
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PCV - Good for young children??

im going on april 28th and have a 4 year old daughter and was too wondering what facilities are liek for children. Thank all for your info! sounds amaze cant wait to go!!!!

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
97,242 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PCV - Good for young children??

rullis:

I'm sure you will love the Playa Costa Verde. It's one of my favourite hotels.

6. Re: PCV - Good for young children??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2015, 05:15