We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PRDO - which night is lobster night at the buffet

Toronto
Level Contributor
108 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
PRDO - which night is lobster night at the buffet

Hi All,

Just wondering what the best nights are for the buffet, particularly what night is lobster night. I would rather not book an a la carte on the best buffet nights as I believe we only get 3 a la carte restaurants during our stay.

Also, is the weather hot and not too wet at the end of May? I read somewhere that it is rainy season in May.

Thank you.

Shelby

La Maison Restaurant
££ - £££, Caribbean, Seafood, Cuban
Restaurant El Uvero
££ - £££, Cuban
Miremar Restaurant
£, Caribbean, Seafood, Cuban
St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
682 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PRDO - which night is lobster night at the buffet

Wednesday is lobster night at the buffet. The best lobster though was in the International rest.

Toronto
Level Contributor
108 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PRDO - which night is lobster night at the buffet

Great! Thank you.

West Sussex
Level Contributor
693 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PRDO - which night is lobster night at the buffet

You actually get 4 a-la-carte bookings per week.

Toronto
Level Contributor
108 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PRDO - which night is lobster night at the buffet

Oh, great. Thank you. I thought we only got 3 as that's what we had when we went to Royal Hideway Ensenachos back in January. I guess it doesn't matter who your tour operator is then? Good to know.

Dunstable, United...
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PRDO - which night is lobster night at the buffet

You actually get 4 a-la-carte bookings per week.

Thats one in each of

El Bohío

A typical Cuban menu livened by the music of a local trio, for the enjoyment of those who love Cuban rhythms such as Son and other genres. Guests can gaze at the surrounding natural lakes and islets while savoring the best Cuban rums.

Speciality: Cuban food

Open: Seven days a week

Hours:

18:30 - 21:30

El Patio

Set in a cool colonial atmosphere, El Patio restaurant is ideal for a romantic dinner. Its superb gastronomic offer covers a wide range of beautifully garnished international dishes. Recommended for those who prefer an intimate dinner after a long day under the sun and surrounded by pristine vegetation.

Speciality: International food

Hours:

Mediterráneo

This new haute cuisine Mediterranean restaurant, set in a wonderfully romantic colonial ambience, is a unique shrine to enjoyment. And for the perfect complement, either before or after dinner, we highly recommend Salon Habana where guests can savor the best cigars in the world and choose from a wide assortment of fine wines and premium spirits; surrounded by comfort and luxury as such an occasion calls for.

Speciality: Mediterranean food

Hours:

Tsuru

This cozy Japanese restaurant invites clients not only to relish the wonders of this superb oriental cuisine but also to enjoy its excellent wine menu. Artistically decorated with typical mats that will enhance the satisfaction of clients as they savor authentic Japanese cuisine.

Speciality: Oriental food

Hours:

Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
498 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PRDO - which night is lobster night at the buffet

Shelby,

Really interested in your thoughts comparing the PRDO to the RHE when you return. We have been to the RHE twice cuz we love it, but have been thinking of giving the PRDO a try.

Toronto
Level Contributor
108 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PRDO - which night is lobster night at the buffet

Thank you so much for your in-depth information for the restaurants. I will be trying each one for sure. I'm excited and a little nervous that Cuba is going to ban travel because of this potential pandemic. Fingers crossed.

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Toronto
Level Contributor
108 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: PRDO - which night is lobster night at the buffet

I will definitely post a comparison of both resorts.

9. Re: PRDO - which night is lobster night at the buffet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2009, 04:32