We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding at PRDO in September?

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding at PRDO in September?

Hello All,

I am a long time lurker of the site and forums but haven't posted before. My boyfriend and I went to the PRDO two years ago in November and loved it. We are considering going back next year to get married, but in September this time. I am concerned because I know this is still hurricane season. I know it varies from year to year but would you guys recommended not going in that month because the risk is too great? We would be traveling with 20+ guests, so I don't want to take everyone down there and then get rained out.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Sandee.

Newmarket, ON...
Level Contributor
380 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding at PRDO in September?

Sandee:

September is usually considered to be the height of the hurricane season. Check out this link's storm archives and search by month.

http://www.stormpulse.com/

Is the risk too great? Good question.

As a couple, we'd certainly consider heading to Cuba during hurricanes season if we could and as long as we had proper trip insurance. However, with the amount of planning and the number of guests involved in a very important event in your lives, I'd recommend against planing for your marriage in September.

Hope this helps.

Bob

2. Re: Wedding at PRDO in September?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2010, 07:16