We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Love to read the management Responses at SLYM

Canada
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Love to read the management Responses at SLYM

I think it is wonderful that the management respond to the reviews here on TA. It shows how great this website works for trip planning. I would be lost if I had to plan a trip with out it! Hasn't let me down yet, and we are returning to SLYM this March.....first repeat trip ever.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
835 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Love to read the management Responses at SLYM

Hey bryna123 We are on the same page, When we find a place as good as Luna y mares that's the place to return. I'm impressed that management follows this board that way they can see any issues we may have and and accordingly. Have a great trip I wish I was going back soon.

Edited: 21 December 2009, 17:26
London, Canada
Level Contributor
835 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Love to read the management Responses at SLYM

Sorry even with editing I missed the word act.

Ontario
Level Contributor
273 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Love to read the management Responses at SLYM

Hey we just booked the Sol Rio due to the great trip Advisor reviews in April. Hoping this resort is as great as everyone is raving about.

Happy Holidays Robert

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Love to read the management Responses at SLYM

Wow I entirely agree, this site is so good for their business, and they really are using it to imporove their business as well, no body wants to go somewhere and feel that the management don't care..... I feel that they really do show an interest, and after only coming on the Guardalavaca pages for the first time this afternoon I am already desperately wanting to go to this hotel!!!!

Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Love to read the management Responses at SLYM

Well, I have to throw in my two centavos about the management responses here at T.A. My husband and I were at the SLM in early December. While there I wrote a PERSONAL note to Mr. Mohammed to tell him what I thought of the resort and the staff. (I know the note was delivered.) It was very favourable. I thanked him for his part as General Manager in helping make our stay a wonderful one and commended some outstanding employees by name. Guess what? I never heard one word back from him!!! I find that very odd and I was frankly shocked. Here he can thank guests on the web where it is seen by hundreds of people. Yet he couldn't take a moment to personally let me know he appreciated my comments while I was staying at his resort. Hmmmm.

Another thing, I never once saw him conversing with a guest. Yes, he was out and about on the property being visible but did not apparently make much effort to speak to guests and inquire how their stay was going.

We had a lovely holiday at SLM and I have enjoyed seeing the comments by the management here. But my opinion of the General Manager was tarnished by his failure to acknowledge my personal letter. I took time out of my vacation to praise the resort and staff. He couldn't be bothered to thank me for that. It was quite disappointing!

fife,scotland
Level Contributor
575 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Love to read the management Responses at SLYM

Thats a shame cloudynine, we were there in July 09 and the presence of managers was evident and interacted with holiday guests there. One evening I was sitting at the italian snack bar waiting for my tuna sandwich when two guys approached and asked if I was having a good holiday and if I had been previously. Un-known to me it was the general manager and one of the head chefs - we had a good chat and I told him of our experiences from previous visits [some which could still be improved so it was not all good]. He organised an extra visit to the exquisite French restuarant for taking time out to chat to him and the food and beveridge manager organised an extra special breakfast for my hubby and I on our last morning which was out of this world. These things were greatly appreciated and something we did not ask for. When i got home I emailed Mohammad direct to thank him and all his staff for another fantastic stay at this wonderful resort and got a nice email back .

Kaz

Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Love to read the management Responses at SLYM

I am happy to hear that things went much better for you, mchappy. (lol) I had heard so many fine comments about Mr. Mohammed. That is why I am so very disappointed that my letter was ignored. I must say that Omar was very much in evidence throughout the entire resort. Honestly, I don't how that man has any time for his family as he seems to be at the resort 24-7! He is one outstanding young man who is dedicated to his job.

8. Re: Love to read the management Responses at SLYM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 January 2010, 13:25
Edited: 13 January 2010, 13:25
9. Re: Love to read the management Responses at SLYM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2010, 05:16