We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SRLYM mini-trips through hotel staff

ottawa
Level Contributor
132 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
SRLYM mini-trips through hotel staff

I had read in few posts that there are small trips offered through the hotel that are either free or a few CUCs- I think the sign up is at the towel hut? Does anyone have a list of these mini-trips and the days that they operate?

Burlington
Level Contributor
40 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SRLYM mini-trips through hotel staff

I was there in June and again in November. What they had posted had changed from one visit to the next. . For example, my June visit provided the opportunity to tour the neighboring resort, Paridisus, on a Thursday morning if you meet in the Mares Lobby at 9 am, but that was no longer an option when I returned in November. There is a notice board in the Mares lobby, near the Buffet, that will list what is available (from the animation team) and the costs (yes, very affordable).

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
437 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SRLYM mini-trips through hotel staff

These little trips organized via the animation staff but are easily done without the staff. There is a small zoo just down the entrance road which contains all the indiginous(sp) animals to Cuba. Some people do like like the zoo but it is interesting none the less. There is also a Eco trail that is available. That is located to the right of the hotel at a cost of 5CUC per perso not guided, you just walk the trails, some very picturesque views. The zoo is 2CUC and is guided. These are the only mini trips available during our 3 visits this summer.

Canada
Level Contributor
142 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: SRLYM mini-trips through hotel staff

Do they not offer the busride to the countryside anymore?

The animation staff used to go in an AC bus to a small fishing village, a school, a Doctor's, a Fisherman's house and then on to the Guardalavaca market for a small fee.

ottawa
Level Contributor
132 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SRLYM mini-trips through hotel staff

Yes- that is the one I was interested in- I had read that it was offered for about 6 CUCs and it takes you by bus to the fising village...hopefully it will be offered in February.

toronto
Level Contributor
785 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SRLYM mini-trips through hotel staff

The bus trip to the fishing village is still offered for 6 CUC.

Gatineau
Level Contributor
439 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: SRLYM mini-trips through hotel staff

There is also "El Tanque"- hope the spelling's OK - where you climb the small mountain to the water reservoir. From atop this huge tank from which water is drawn for the SRLYM and Paradisus resorts, one has a breathtakingly superb view of the countryside, the coastline and the ocean. On a clear day you can even see Guardalavaca.

No cost per say, but the guide definitely merits a good tip.

Burlington
Level Contributor
40 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SRLYM mini-trips through hotel staff

That sounds Lovely, Solsearcher! I will keep my eye out for that outing on my next visit...which better be soon :) I'm chilled to the bone here and its not even at the freezing mark outside tonight!

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: SRLYM mini-trips through hotel staff

How do you book the El Tanque trip?? Sounds good....

fife,scotland
Level Contributor
575 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: SRLYM mini-trips through hotel staff

You normally meet at either the Luna or mares reception area, all available trips are posted at the clubhouse on the beach, bike ride into Guardalavaca with one of the entertainment guys, bike ride to a farmers cottage, the bus trip to the village school, hospital etc for 6cuc is worth doing if available, el tanque the walking trip up the hill just along from the hotel then you get a tour of the zoo also.

Kaz

Ontario
Level Contributor
57 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: SRLYM mini-trips through hotel staff

We just returned, and wished we had looked at the board earlier in the week, as we missed the trip to Banes (fishing villiage). There was also a snorkelling trip offered for free and two others that I can't quite recall at the moment. They all seemed worth doing. The board was posted right by the Mares buffet.

Get answers to your questions about Guardalavaca
Recent Conversations