We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stitched Up.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
661 posts
Save Topic
Stitched Up.

Hi, I do believe I have been stiched up by my Wife & so called friends,(who we normally go to Cuba with). On Christmas Day our friends gave me a Christmas present, on opening it I find a lovely dk blue t-shirt & hat, "to wear on holiday" they said, on unfolding the t-shirt I find in brilliant white letters the word "WILLYWOMBAT" across the chest and also on the hat.

So not to offend them I have to wear them on holiday so if anybody see's me wearing them please don't laugh. It's a good job my names not A. BURK.

Happy New Year everybody,

RAY....

Pickering, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Playa Santa Lucia
Level Contributor
5,452 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stitched Up.

I think that's cute! willywombat has a nice ring to it. I wear my cubanadian shirt when I am in cuba and even airport security thinks it's a hoot! carol e.

Dunstable, United...
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stitched Up.

Ray hope you post a photo of that

Cuba
Level Contributor
13,053 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stitched Up.

Priceless

Wear it with pride as it speaks to the love of your wife and good friendships.

They see you are addicted to this site and the beautiful Country of Cuba.

Besides an icebreaker and conversation piece. The cubans will love it too, the story as I said is Priceless.

Who ever see's our amigo with this gear on must get him a mojito right away ... LOL

Cheers

Mardi

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
98,858 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stitched Up.

Willywombat at the PRDO - not at the a la cartes, please!!

You are a brave man to wear it!!

Cuba
Level Contributor
13,053 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stitched Up.

Too Funny Bellagio

He will be known after the first few days anyway ...

Met this Italian fellow that used to wear black shorts, black T shirt and black socks with sandals to the beach each day ...

I asked him "are you nuts" ... but that was him and everyone knew him to see him ... LOL

Cheers

Mardi

UK
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Stitched Up.

Love it,

You should wear it with the heartfelt manner to-which is was given. She took time to think about the gift and gave thought to whom she was giving the gift. By not wearing it would really upset your wife and friends and just think of the expense and time that they took in thinking up the gift. Be grateful that they thought of you. How could you look them in the eyes again if you just cast the t-shirt and cap to the back of the wardrobe and never wore it, how could you? Be brave and wear it with pride at the PRDO. You could even have your photo taken wearing the shirt and hey presto a new avatar photo for your TA login!!

Final thought: You'll be forever known at PRDO as the Willywombat Plonker!!

LANCS ENGLAND
Level Contributor
334 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Stitched Up.

Thats good news willy Ray wombat, we are flying out on the 5th of May, but staying next door, So I hope to see you on the 13th, parading down the beach, with ya posh Cuba shirt and matching hat, and maybe this time we can say Hello, (thats if you dont look too silly)

Joke Ray it would be nice to meet. But please don't wear speedo's to match.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
661 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Stitched Up.

Bellagio, I promise I will take my hat off before i enter the a la carte, Zooty, will try and get down the beach on the 13th or there abouts, Well it looks as if you are all in favour of me looking a right "Plonker" Cannot wait to be at the PRDO.

Regards and Best Wishes, RAY....

LANCS ENGLAND
Level Contributor
334 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Stitched Up.

Can't wait, wether it's the 13th 14th,or the 15th, I'll be looking out for you !!

London, England
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stitched Up.

I guess you could reciprocate with a matching tee for her with a suitable message (I love Willy...?) but that could be grounds for a divorce...? Glad I'm only going to Havana and that my wife doesn't know about my secret TA habit