We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook - SRLYM

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook - SRLYM

Just wondering if anyone knew if customers booking with TC can choose whether they stay in Luna or Mares sides - or are TC customers put in a specific block?

London, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook - SRLYM

I was wondering this too, but i notice on the thomas cook website there are two prices for this hotel one more expensive than the other with no explaination so i suppose that depends on which side u get, think we are on luna, going in july just cant wait

West Sussex
Level Contributor
693 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook - SRLYM

If you look at the TC website there are different prices for most hotels. Go for the cheapest option as it won't make the slightest difference to your stay. The same thing happens at the PRDO next door and from experience, I can tell you there is absolutely no difference whatsoever. It seems to be a peculiarity of the TC website. As for as which side you get, I believe it's down to the hotel to allocate but you could request a particular side by emailing the resort.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
319 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook - SRLYM

I think one price is the TC price and the other is the Direct Holidays price which is another TC company. It used to give details of the operators that the price refered to. They seem to have got rid of that and you are just left with different prices with no idea why!

UK
Level Contributor
233 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook - SRLYM

Don't forget to compare prices with Thomson and First Choice as they both offer holidays here too.

Peterborough
Level Contributor
20 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook - SRLYM

I have found deals with Thomson and FirstChoice but nothing with Thomas Cook. Do they restrict the time of year they go to this hotel or am I being blind?? I have checked both the website and brochures but cant find it at all.

London, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook - SRLYM

its on the website

google

thomas cook, sol rio de luna

then put in your details ie how many people to the left

Peterborough
Level Contributor
20 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas Cook - SRLYM

Thanks for this, doesnt look like they have it during the time I wish to travel....shame really as I like Thomas Cook but looks like my business is going to Thomson or First Choice. Really does look like a wonderful hotel cant wait will only be 12 weeks Monday til I should be going woohoo :-)

LANCS ENGLAND
Level Contributor
334 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas Cook - SRLYM

Rwison, Hi. I believe TC , are gonna place you at the Luna side' but don't you worry about it, me and OH are off to luna mares in May. for the eighth time. Its the best place ever ever been too

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas Cook - SRLYM

can you not just email the hotel and request which side you prefer?

Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
359 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomas Cook - SRLYM

I've read on previous posts that you can email about 2 weeks beforehand. I think the person was Dolores or similar, but I cant find the email address. You should also specify any special occasions like birthdays, anniversaries in the email as they will take note. All this is from previous reviews mind as we're going there for the first time in March!

Get answers to your questions about Guardalavaca