We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in March - anyone who's been .... please!!!!

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,650 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in March - anyone who's been .... please!!!!

I have tried and tried to find out what it is REALLY like in March, have looked at Wunderground, weather2 travel etc but I would love to hear from any of you who know from experience how sunny/ overcast/ warm/ cold / windy etc it really was when you were there in March. We are looking to go for the last 2 weeks in March next year to the Paradisus del Rio and this is the last thing I need to check before we take the plunge. Come on, all of you experts, please help a new (temporary!) defector from the Maldives.

Thanks

Wid

Essex
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in March - anyone who's been .... please!!!!

Hot and sunny, best time of the year to go - went last year!

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,650 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in March - anyone who's been .... please!!!!

Whooppee! Thanks andrew, just what I was hoping to hear.

Wid

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Holguin, Guardalavaca
Level Contributor
14,384 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in March - anyone who's been .... please!!!!

I have quite often gone around the 23rd March for two or three weeks at a time. In my experience I would say weather is very much unpredictable, sometimes we have had fab weather and other times we have lost a fair amount of "play" due to rain and overcast days, quite often the swimming pools have been a tad on the chilly side; hence why we no longer go in March but late April or May where we have found the weather to be much more reliable and consistent....... prices are also usually more amenable in April/May/June than in March. (just my opinion though)!

Edited: 10 February 2010, 11:07
Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
102,178 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in March - anyone who's been .... please!!!!

The weather is unpredictable these days. I was in the area from Jan 11th - 25th. The first two days were cold, really cold IMHO, after that the remaining 12 days were glorious.

No one can really tell. It could be hot, it could be raining sometimes, who knows?? It will definitely be warmer than in the UK though.

Essex
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in March - anyone who's been .... please!!!!

The weather can be unpredictable in general, March is meant to be drier than May.

We went in May a few years ago and hardly saw the sun at all in a two week period!

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,650 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in March - anyone who's been .... please!!!!

Hmmm. The jury is still out then.

Keep them coming. This is exactly what I needed - thanks.

Wid

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in March - anyone who's been .... please!!!!

We were at the PRDO last March the first two weeks and the weather was very hit and miss, we were off the beach more than we were on it, but it did not spoil our holiday, we went on 2 brilliant trips and met some very nice people.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in March - anyone who's been .... please!!!!

March and April are my favourite months of the year in this area.

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,650 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in March - anyone who's been .... please!!!!

fish55

Was that just an unusual and unlucky blip? I know that in the Maldives last March some people had a lot of rain (we had gorgeous wall to all sunshine) but that is exceptional for March.

Wid

Montreal
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in March - anyone who's been .... please!!!!

I was in last week of december, that weather was awsome. But a week before was very cold.

Get answers to your questions about Guardalavaca