We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol Rio De Luna Mares

Glasgow , Scotland
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Topic
Sol Rio De Luna Mares

Hi guys , just booked the Sol Rio De Luna Mares for the 1st 2 weeks in May and was wondering if anyone can give me any tips or advice regarding towels, bars, restaurants, room location, staff etc for our stay there.

Also who else is going to be there in the 1st couple of weeks of May?

Cheers

London, United...
Level Contributor
697 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sol Rio De Luna Mares

Hello stu7226

You have made a great choice in hotels. You will have a great time here. I have vactioned in May before on a few occasions. I love May here, I have always found the weather perfect. It has rained but normally during the evening but in short, sharp bursts. Your request regarding towels, you are given a towel receipt which you give in to the towel hut when you require an exchange, no problems, you can exchange them as often as you wish...you sign for them and fresh ones are allocated to your room. Great bars, some quiet, some louder and entertaining, you will find the ones more suitable to yourself. All restaurants are great. I can recommend the French highly and the Romantica on the the beach. As far as room location TC have secured rooms on the Luna section. We find this particularly favourable as it is quieter for a good nights sleep, but if you fancty livelier entertainment Mares lobby bar seems to be the "happening place" Staff are second to none, you will have no problems whatsoever here. Go with a good attitude and the staff will treat you with the kindest respect. I love visiting this hotel in early May but this year my brother is getting married in June at this establishment, therefore our visit will be later.

You will enjoy yourselves wholeheartedly,

Kindest regards,

Renwot

Neath, South Wales
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sol Rio De Luna Mares

Hi Stu7226

We are going to SRLM on 26th April for 2 weeks, it's our first time and we're really looking forward to it.

Trundle 10

Essex, England
Level Contributor
540 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sol Rio De Luna Mares

We will be there from the 19th April for two weeks.

UK
Level Contributor
233 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sol Rio De Luna Mares

We arrive on 8th May for 2 weeks, first time, can't wait

LANCS ENGLAND
Level Contributor
334 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sol Rio De Luna Mares

Hi Stu7226

We are flying out from Manchester on the 5th of May for 2 weeks,

Renwot has said everything about the Hotel to a tee. I'm sure you will have a great time.

We are gonna try it again for the 8th time !!!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
697 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sol Rio De Luna Mares

Hello Zooty,

Hope you and your family are keeping well. Shame we will miss your next visit but like I already mentioned my brother is getting married there and has chosen the month of June so we will be going then. I have recently heard from our mutual friend and im about to reply so I'll mention your forthcoming visit (Im sure he already knows...lol) Have a great time Marie (I know you will) please give me a quick note on your return telling me about your tales!

Kind regards,

Renwot

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
175 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sol Rio De Luna Mares

We fly out of Gatiwck on 11th May for 2 weeks, can't wait.

Thanks for the info on the hotel.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,934 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sol Rio De Luna Mares

Our tour book says we only have 2 a la carte bookings for sure. Is this a resort policy or just our Tour company and is it possible to get more bookings? Especially in April. We like to do the a la cartes as much as possible.

UK
Level Contributor
233 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sol Rio De Luna Mares

Hi Scubawitch

What time do you arrive? We are going out on 8th May and the 11th is my Birthday .................. what a place to celebrate :-)

LANCS ENGLAND
Level Contributor
334 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sol Rio De Luna Mares

Aww!!! scubawitch, you are arriving on my Birthday,

Get answers to your questions about Guardalavaca
Recent Conversations