We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Booked SRLYM - can't wait!!!

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Just Booked SRLYM - can't wait!!!

After spending the last few months researching hotels and resorts we've now made our booking for the SRLYM for next September. Got a great price with Thomas Cook. There are so many really good reviews, it sounds like a wonderful hotel, and wonderful area. We're really excited now and can't wait to go!! Let's hope there's no hurricanes!!!

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
97,964 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Booked SRLYM - can't wait!!!

Glad you have finally booked. I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time there.

Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
326 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Booked SRLYM - can't wait!!!

Hi R Wilson

We're off to SRLYM a week on Tuesday (2nd March). It's our first time to the Caribbean. Like you I booked it on the strength of the posts and reviews on TA. I'll let you know my opinion when I get back in 3 weeks!!

Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
326 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Booked SRLYM - can't wait!!!

Forgot to say, we're also going with Thomas Cook, from Gatwick.

Europe
Level Contributor
341 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Booked SRLYM - can't wait!!!

You won't regret your choice! We booked it last year after reading all the reviews etc. We are returning at the end of June! Can't wait!!

Russell,Ontario
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Booked SRLYM - can't wait!!!

Hi there!

We leave on March 21 to the SRLYM . Just like you did a lot of research and we have been to Cuba 4 other times. This is the first place that I have not read one bad review. I am so looking forward to this trip. We were in Holguin last year but at the Playa Pesquero. It was great but I think this place is going to be better! I will give a report when I return 27 more sleeps :)

Cheers

Michele

Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just Booked SRLYM - can't wait!!!

Fantastic!

I cannot decide between SRLYM and Playa Pesquero, please let me know how they compare!

Have a great hol!!

Russell,Ontario
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just Booked SRLYM - can't wait!!!

Absolutely! I will let you know how they compare. I already think the food and the beach are going tobe so much better. Also the Playa Pesquero is much bigger than the SRLYM. I prefer a smaller resort.

Cheers

Michele

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just Booked SRLYM - can't wait!!!

There was a recent post comparing the two resorts giving like for like of both. It was a really good article, maybe if you put a search in for it you will get to thread I'm meaning, or maybe someone will have the link.

Preston
Level Contributor
119 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just Booked SRLYM - can't wait!!!

Hola R Wilson

We have booked to go to SRLYM for end of September 2010. Is this when you will be there?

We've been to Cuba before but not Holguin area. Really looking forward to going after seeing the fantastic reviews and that amazing beach.

Take care

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just Booked SRLYM - can't wait!!!

We has to change our holiday yesterday.... i forgot to check with my work if i could take the time off - I was completely in a holiday daze - can't believe this slipped my mind!! Anyway, it turned out I couldn't take time off at the time I'd booked to go to Cuba, so i've changed it to a week earlier now and it's all ok - panic over!!! So yes, we're going the first two weeks of sept now!!