We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Underwater Disposable Camera

montreal
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Underwater Disposable Camera

Has anyone brought a camera with film and if so, did it survive the x-ray machine. I heard that if it goes cargo, the x-ray is very strong but also the carry-on luggage x-ray can also wipe out your pictures. Is there any place to develop pictures at the hotel and is it expensive?

oshawa
Level Contributor
471 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Underwater Disposable Camera

We have taken underwater disposable cameras all the time never had had a issue. It is no different then taking a 35mm camera. Picture have always been developed back home.

montreal
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Underwater Disposable Camera

That's good to hear but did you pack your camera in cargo or carry-on luggage?

oshawa
Level Contributor
471 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Underwater Disposable Camera

Disposable cameras where in cargo. We usually take 3 or 4 with us. You have to take the hole camera in to be developed. Had to leave room for my bottles and smokes in carry on.

London
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Underwater Disposable Camera

Always transport photographic film in your carry on luggage. Some airports use especially high powered machines.

It will be fine, providing the film speed is not especially fast (e.g. more than ISO 1600).

You can always get an lead lined x-ray bag, like me, but it will be overkill for one or two rolls of film.

Edited: 07 April 2010, 00:30
Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Underwater Disposable Camera

What kind of picture quality do you get when snorkelling with the disposable cameras?

montreal
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Underwater Disposable Camera

The pictures are not high quality but they certainly are better than none at all. Here is a couple of web sites that might interest you.

http://www.vividlight.com/articles/4014.htm

http://www.disposableunderwatercameras.net/

flickr.com/photos/steelcitycanada/1934665173/

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Underwater Disposable Camera

Thanks for those websites and tips. I've decided just to get a couple of underwater cameras disposable. I'm scared of fish anyway so I'll proabably get into the water and then be swimming the opposite way anyway!!!!

8. Re: Underwater Disposable Camera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Guardalavaca
Recent Conversations