We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cuba.....june or july??

halifax
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Cuba.....june or july??

never been to Cuba past early April...whats it like in june or july?? tooo hot?? busy/slow?? same activities etc?? gimme the scoop :)

Dunstable, United...
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cuba.....june or july??

We been first two weeks in July last two years wonderful weather resort only about 60% full so loads of room thats at PRDO we are back again same two weeks this year. thats just It is 79 days, 6 hours, 27 minutes and 44 seconds until Monday, 28 June 2010 . Bring it on

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
102,149 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cuba.....june or july??

The problem with June and July is that many of the hotel staff are either laid off or sent to school for a month and the individual a la cartes may be only open 3 days per week instead of 6. This is because generally speaking the resorts often are only 40% occupancy.

It suits some people but not others.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cuba.....june or july??

I have been to Cuba 3 times in mid June and am returning this year again. It's hot but I did not find it unbearable.

While in Cayo Coco the hotel was full. Rained every night while I was asleep so it did not matter to me. The mosquitos did not like me.

Holguin - weather was great too.

Santa Clara - mosquitos were noticable in the morning and night.

I do prefer to go when it is less crowded and the ocean is warm.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,996 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cuba.....june or july??

Well,flying out of Halifax means you won't be able to fly direct as charters will be done by mid May,so you'll be looking at flying from Montrea, TO,or elsewhere....

dogstrule

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
102,149 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cuba.....june or july??

dogsrule:

That's probably one of the reasons why not so many Canadians go to Cuba during the summer months.

I suppose in many western Provinces they may have to connect in Toronto to get to Cuba.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
9,331 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cuba.....june or july??

It's usually hot enough here in the summer no need to go to Cuba and cook . However summer did not arrive in Ontario last year

LENNY

7. Re: Cuba.....june or july??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Guardalavaca