We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trips to do in guardalavaca?

NORTHANTS
Level Contributor
154 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
trips to do in guardalavaca?

Has anyone got any trips they would recommend for a great day with a couple with a 17 year old son! love anything energetic and different! have read that Guardalavaca is a bit quiet? we are staying at RSLM at end of aug and don't want to spend two weeks just in hotel, so any ideas greatly appreciated, thanks...

Linda

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trips to do in guardalavaca?

Look at the "Top questions about Guardalavaca" to the right of your post and Lou has listed all the excursions here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g147270-c62973/Cuba…

Cheers,

Terry

svätý jur...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trips to do in guardalavaca?

Hello,

I returned from Brisas on 16.4.2010. Stayed there for two weeks.

We did the Combotour , by my opionion it wasnt worth it the money.

Better if you go on jeep tour. We took Green and Blue. You were driven jeep through the countryside. We didnt have our driving licence with us, so we could drive our own jeep, so we had a driver :-). In this trip you have also the jetski ride, which was great. You drive your own jetski nearly for half an hour.

The last trip we did was the delphinarium. Highly recommed it. For me it was something unforgetable and at home everyone is jelous that I had the chance to do it :- )))...

Enjoy your holiday

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Holguin, Guardalavaca
Level Contributor
14,384 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trips to do in guardalavaca?

What do you like to do on holiday, what interests you? let us know and we can make suggestions. Exploring? Architecture? HIstory? Walking? Horseriding? etc etc etc

Toronto
Level Contributor
147 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trips to do in guardalavaca?

I did the suncruise catamaran day trip, you get to go out on a catamaran, go snorkelling, go to the dolphin aquarium and swim with dolphins, have a lobster lunch, and then go back on the catamaran. they do serve alcohol and light snacks on the catamaran.

it was around $99/person, and you are gone from 8am-4pm.

i thoroughly enjoyed it.

NORTHANTS
Level Contributor
154 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trips to do in guardalavaca?

thanks for the help, we love snorkelling, fishing, and anything to do with the sea, also we did zip lining in Mexico which was great, plus exploring anything like cenotes. horse riding would be good, and the jeep trip sound good, we did a similar one in Varadero where you ended up driving your own speedboat. About the bike ride, is there anywhere apart from the village that you can bike to? have read diff opinions about the zoo nearby?

sorry for so much info, but glad of the help.

Don't want our son to get bored!!

Cheers Linda.

NORTHANTS
Level Contributor
154 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trips to do in guardalavaca?

whats the combotour???

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,384 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trips to do in guardalavaca?

Linda, with all the pretty Chicas on resort Im sure your son will not be bored...lol..lol..lol....

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,384 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: trips to do in guardalavaca?

Linda, I am sure at your resort they will have FREE catamaran rides on offer all day every day, plenty of good snorkelling from the resort too or from the Guardalavaca Public beach infront of Amigo and up past Brisas.

When you go into G'lavaca make sure you take your swim stuff with you, the public beach there is beautiful and after the heat of the sun and a few beers at the market and beach bars you will need a refreshing flop in the ocean...lol..lol...

You can probably go horseriding from the front of your resort or you could go horseriding way out into the countryside from Guardalavaca main street. You only need to speak to one of the horsemen in the area.

Not quite sure where you'd go bike riding from the SRLM, there isnt really anywhere to go unless you like a long jaunt...lol

NORTHANTS
Level Contributor
154 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: trips to do in guardalavaca?

thanks for all the help. will have to give our son a push in the right direction regarding the chicas! as bit shy on his own!! anyone going end aug beg sept with teenagers???

maybe see you there!!

Linda.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
587 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: trips to do in guardalavaca?

Hi Linda

The combotour, starts with a bus ride to a railway museum at Santa Clara which is a more like a deralict shunting yard, then a short ride about 30 mins on a very old oil fired steam train, (do not sit at the front). Then back on the bus to visit a cigar factory followed by lunch at a Cuban farm then on to Holguin for a tour of the sites with some free time to further explore the City or local bars. Take soap and sweets for the locals you may get approached when you get of the train the children will also wave at you as you pass by on the train. All in all a very good trip but as you will guess not cheap.

Regards Merv

Get answers to your questions about Guardalavaca