We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips for travelling with kids to Brisas Guardalavaca?

london
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tips for travelling with kids to Brisas Guardalavaca?

We are leaving June 12th for our 1st trip to Cuba & our 1st trip with our kids!

We have a Villa room, kids just turned 5 &3.

There have been so many great reviews of this hotel...but, i haven't really heard much about how it is for small children. I know there are a couple childrens pools, a kids club (although my 3 year old is too young..starts at age 4)

I have a couple questions about hotel if anyone can help!

-Villa room...says there is a DVD player? is there one...i didn't see one in pictures people posted of this room.

-beach, do the kids need water shoes? they won't be going out far b/c they are really young.

-tours..are they too young to swim with dolphins or do they catamaran?

-Villa...are the stairs to go up outside? i requested main floor..i know from past experience at every resort when it rains it gets super slippery, i don't want to have to deal with stairs with my kids.

and really any other experience/advice! we are really looking forward to going...we have a flight via. cayo coco..i'm thinking we have to get off plane & reboard...but, straight flight to TO on the way back.

thks!

Thornhill, Canada
Level Contributor
123 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips for travelling with kids to Brisas Guardalavaca?

I don't have all your answers so others may be able to help. We stayed in a Villa ground floor room 6204 I believe it was. There are no stairs and you have a nice patio outside plus you are steps away from the beach and have a water view. You may want to make an email request a few days before you leave. I did not have problems with needing water shoes at the beach. We did not have a dvd player in the room but there are many t.v. channels not sure if they had kids ones. Bring lots of sun block and the kids will be tired from being out and about so may get to sleep early. If not on ground floor, there are stairs, so make that request. email is on other threads here. Have a great trip!

Mississauga, Ontario
Level Contributor
471 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips for travelling with kids to Brisas Guardalavaca?

One suggestion I can make for you when you request your room beforehand, maybe ask to be close to the playgroud/playstructure. It is not much, but if you specify that you would like a room directly in front on the main level, you would be able to watch the kids directly from your patio. Depending on the room about 20 to 40 feet away.

Also, the the main hotel buffet, they do have smaller tables that might be more comfortable for the kids, they are to the left of the door as you enter. Not miniture, but smaller, so that the adults can sit there as well.

The kids club itself does not look great at this hotel. One of the reasons I would not choose it with kids that age, but I have never used it so the ladies may be wonderful and engaging. I have been able to leave a 3 year old at other hotels at the kids club (ages 4-12) so that may be a possibility for a break for you.

I don't think they need watershoes for the beach.

I hope you have a good time.

london
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tips for travelling with kids to Brisas Guardalavaca?

thanks for the tips!

i don't think I plan on using the kids club this vacation, DH & I take our own seperate trip in the winter to relax w/out the kids so this trip is all about them!!..I do like being close to the playground (small one!)...kids would be happy having it near room. And thanks for buffet tip..the 3 year old is still quite small!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
396 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tips for travelling with kids to Brisas Guardalavaca?

Water shoes..YES !! I was going to but never but wished I had!! There are some rocks leading into the water and can be quite painful if you slip.

Hold their hands when walking on the brown tiles around the resort especially around the pool.. VERY slippery!!

The pool at the villas is great...it goes from about chest height to paddling pool height for the babies.

You are going to have WONDERFUL time and I am so jealous as i SO wanna go back :)

halifax
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tips for travelling with kids to Brisas Guardalavaca?

DEF water shoes!! Stairs in the villas are inside. We did not have a dvd in our villa. There is a great kids club an artist was painting when we were there ........cuteeeeeee :)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
396 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tips for travelling with kids to Brisas Guardalavaca?

Definitely no DVD player but my kids found lots of cartoons..mainly in Spanish but they still watched!!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
768 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tips for travelling with kids to Brisas Guardalavaca?

Sea urchin found in about 10 inches of water.... bring those watershoes!

Catamaran can be a choppy ride, so may have to hang on to the wee ones. Don't see why they can't dolphin swim, water is pretty shallow and life jackets are available.

Have fun!

manitoba
Level Contributor
155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Tips for travelling with kids to Brisas Guardalavaca?

Villa 9 is next to a small play structure. The villa pool is very close as well.

Main floor would be good for you. There is a lady named Maritza that runs the kids club.Your kids would never want to come home again. lol

She is absoulutly commited to here job of looking after children.She has been spoken about many times on here from guests there at Brisas. I know here well and would not hesitate for i minute for the care of my kids.

Meet with her and see.

The pool is great at the villas for the little ones.

Have fun

abercynon
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tips for travelling with kids to Brisas Guardalavaca?

Just returned two days ago from our second visit to the Brisas! Our two year old grandson LOVED it and found plenty to do! The shallow villa pool is ideal for young children as it is mostly barley knee deep and gets deeper very gradually towards the middle and then shallow again towards the swim-up bar side. This pool is really long and a great design, sort of snakes like a river so to speak. He spent so much time in the pool that we were scared he would turn into a fish!!! The deeper pool is next to it....He also loved the birds in the aviary and enjoyed the many fish in the little "canals" around the villa section. There is a really great slide next to the villa block number 9....His parents were very impressed with the design of this as they found it to be so safe....He could use it himself without any help and it really was child friendly! Try and get a ground floor room at the villas, I think it will be more convenient for the kids, and yes, watch out for the brown tiles around the pools when wet as they can be ever so slippery.Another thing that was great was the fact that the whole place is SO clean and there was no fear of him hurting his feet even though he spent most of his time barefoot! The beach is also brilliant for kids. The sand is clean and great for building sandcastles and so safe. I know we will be back next year and so will my son and his wife who were blown away by the Brisas. You'll love it I'm sure!

london
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tips for travelling with kids to Brisas Guardalavaca?

thanks for the great post! sounds like your family had a great time, especially your grandson!!

My kids are really excited...well mostly my 5 year old!

Can't wait to go...and i'm going to email them for a villa near play area!!