We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canjet (or Cramjet) best seats without paying for them ???

Laval, Québec
Level Contributor
127 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Canjet (or Cramjet) best seats without paying for them ???

Is there any secrets to get best seats in Cramjet planes without paying extra (they are the worst I've ever seen they charge extra for the seats with more legroom), its clear they know their regular seats aren't comfy and are crammed. I'm around 5-10 and a little bit overweight so my legs need to stretch. I wonder how they would react if they were forced to sit in their 30in seats with an /$%$%?/%?/ in front that want to recline the seat completely during the whole trip making it worst than anything for the others, and when they try to recline their seats, they realize its an oversized old lady in the back that push on the seat to prevent it at all time...

I've used Air Transat and didn't want to book with them because I know they could be called Crammed Airlines instead. Now I've seen that Canjet Airlines are the same. I can't believe this.

montreal
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canjet (or Cramjet) best seats without paying for them ???

You don,t want to pay for them then to bad as you will get the worst seats as the only good ones are the front row which i allways pay 25 Canadian dollars each way as i want extra space for my legs and the emergency exit seats as all the other ones are a bit tight so as they say pay up or you can complain all the way to Cuba because there seats are tight and not enough space for you ..

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
97,274 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canjet (or Cramjet) best seats without paying for them ???

It's a charter airline. they are all the same. If you want exit seats or extra legroom seats you have to pay for them.

Edited: 23 May 2010, 22:26
Ontario
Level Contributor
8,269 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canjet (or Cramjet) best seats without paying for them ???

Get to the airport early and ask for an aisle seat. Probably the best you can do without paying extra......and cramped seating is the price you pay for rock bottom fares. If you can't deal, pay for the upgrade.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
768 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canjet (or Cramjet) best seats without paying for them ???

Your choices are a)prepay your chosen seats online b)get to the airport early enough to be first in line.

It's only a 3.5 hr flight from YUL, what's the big deal?

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,310 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Canjet (or Cramjet) best seats without paying for them ???

eeeefarm & RoadMedic: I agree … it’s not rocket science to expect to pay for upgrades. A few gravol & sleep through it all isn’t the end of the world. Besides, you could wake up on a perfect stranger’s shoulder …

Laval, Québec
Level Contributor
127 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Canjet (or Cramjet) best seats without paying for them ???

Bad experiences with kids and old people, that's why, when its kids in the back, they kick their feet in the seat and you feel it, when its old people, sometimes its the same problem or they don't allow you to recline the seat at all. When the kids are in front of you, they play with the recliner just to make sure you can't use your laptop or drink a paid beer without spiling it on yourself. When its old people, they recline their seat to the max and you are more cramped than a prisoner in the back seat of a cop car.

Do people know if I will find snacks and drinks they will be purchased after passing the normal controls, and if the prices are rocket high there cause they know you're trapped and can't get anything outside the safe zone.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
97,274 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Canjet (or Cramjet) best seats without paying for them ???

All I know is that the Tim Hortons prices are the same in the Tax Free area as they are anywhere else.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,310 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Canjet (or Cramjet) best seats without paying for them ???

Dodge … I know how you feel … sucks to be us when our private Lear Jet is in for service, eh!

Kids and old people … ew-w-w-w …

On my last CanJet flight to Cuba I was served free wine (maybe because the first glass “flew” off my tray & all over me) and as much snacks as I wanted … not that I wanted more than the initial offering.

Bellagio … Tim Hortons … how pedestrian is that??? Surely not up to the standards of someone who isn’t used to flying with kids and old people.

montreal
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Canjet (or Cramjet) best seats without paying for them ???

Dodge34 After you pass customs in Montreal there are a couple of snacks bars that you can buy inside but prices are a bit higher so best thing to do eat before you go in as there are some restaurants in front of Air Transat as we allways eat there .

montreal
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Canjet (or Cramjet) best seats without paying for them ???

Dodge here is a site from Trudeau airport with restaurants ....

admtl.com/passager/…_restaurants.aspx