We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would you recommend Brisas for a wedding????

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Would you recommend Brisas for a wedding????

Would you recommend Brisas for a wedding? There will be adults and children ranging from 25 - 50+yrs & 2 - 12yrs old.

If not, which hotel would you recommend???

glasgow
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Would you recommend Brisas for a wedding????

I would recommend the actual hotel for a holiday as it would suit the different age ranges of your party.

Not sure it would be the ideal setting for a wedding though. The beach is very romantic and you can have a romantic table etc. set out on it for dinner.

Take a look at my photos and see what you think - I think I have some of the beach.

The hotel always has some sort of noisy activity on at the pool during the day - which is great - but do you want to get married in the corner whilst everyone drinks at the pool bar or does aqua aerobics or plays water polo?

I loved Brisas and thought about this subject when I was there (cos i had imagined it MIGHT be one of these wedding hotels and I was worried that I might not fit in with my wee girl). It was a very family focused hotel and not at all couples only.

London, England
Level Contributor
187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Would you recommend Brisas for a wedding????

Hi Chez,

I saw a couple of weddings/blessings at SRLM. They have a very nice wedding Gazebo overlooking the beach. You seem to be able to book extras as one day they set up chairs on the beach. After the ceremony, they went onto the beach and a 3 piece band played.

Hopefully someone who has got married/had a blessing there will answer more fully for you.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Holguin, Guardalavaca
Level Contributor
14,381 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Would you recommend Brisas for a wedding????

Sorry I have 100% disagree with somoslagente,,, Have you seen a wedding at Brisas????

Brisas is ideal for a wedding and the wedding package is FREE, you only pay 150cuc's for the notary and marriage certificate ~ you also get the wedding service, bridal boquet, button holes, wedding reception, photographer, meal, wedding venue, music, drinks, etc for that one price...bargain or what!

You can choose your wedding venue, it could be on the resort at the wedding gazeebo, by a statue, around the pool or you can have a beach wedding where they decorate a beautiful wedding gazeebo and place it on the beach, the background image of your wedding pictures will be the stunning ocean... they also lay a heart from big red flowers that you can stand in for some of your wedding pics... now to get to the beach wedding the bride can choose to be collected from the hotel in a beautifully decorated horse and carriage (also one for the bridesmaids or family if you wanted) and taken down to the beach venue to meet the rest of her wedding guests... that may cost a tad extra im not sure or the bride can take herself....they will even supply your bridesmaids dressed in a "national" dress. Brisas has its own wedding co-ordinator who I am sure will send you all the relevant information, try emailing:- rpublic@brisas.gvc.tur.cu or bodas@brisas.gvc.tur.cu.

Have youu looked at pictures of weddings at Brisas?

Edited: 28 August 2010, 13:11
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,381 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Would you recommend Brisas for a wedding????

Yes, sorry, I forgot to add that you can have music playing whilst you get married (you can choose your own music) or you can have a Cuban band playing....whatever you want basically..

The weddings are held at the beach on the villa side of the complex which is quiet, and an area will be cleared specifically for your wedding so you have no "imposters" in your pictures, just you guys and the ocean...lol..lol...

After the wedding you can choose from a reception where you dine outside, on the beach, in or outside of a restaurant etc or they will allow you to have exclusive use of the air conditioned discotheque until 11pm at night and then you will have to share the disco with the other guests (I think they can organise for you to eat in there too if you like),,,,, You can make your day what you want it to be and the wedding co-ordinator will help you all the way.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
99,716 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Would you recommend Brisas for a wedding????

Have to say that sounds like a really good deal to me. Thanks LoonyLou for the info.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,381 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Would you recommend Brisas for a wedding????

I think its a great deal too, and I have to say I have seen some beautiful weddings at Brisas, the beach location is my favourite and they decorate the wedding gazeebo beautifully, I am surprised there arent that many photos on here of it.

You'd pay more at home for the photographs alone let alone the rest of the package.... I think you can opt to have your wedding videoed also.

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Would you recommend Brisas for a wedding????

Wow! What a fantastic deal! If I wasnt married already.......

Alberton, Canada
Level Contributor
520 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Would you recommend Brisas for a wedding????

Ideal for a weding. Not so sure if the reception will be as nice as we found the food to be terrible.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,381 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Would you recommend Brisas for a wedding????

So you keep telling us! As I understand it you didnt enjoy much about Brisas at all and wouldnt go back to Cuba. You obviously arent cut out to be a Cuba vacationer as you enjoy the more luxurious places to vacation, wasnt it Hawaii, Barbados etc..... You're right; there is no comparison..and they shouldn't be compared as they are so TOTALLY different; especially in PRICE, so one should ask themselves WHY Cuba is so much cheaper than all the other Caribbean destinations.

ns
Level Contributor
351 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Would you recommend Brisas for a wedding????

Totally would recommend Brisas based on what we saw our 2 previous trips there. Great deal + they give you one-on-one attention in preparing the details. Just Beautiful.

S.