We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SRLM - Guess we'll have to go with it

leeds england
Level Contributor
75 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
SRLM - Guess we'll have to go with it

Um, seem to remember posting something around two months ago about the standards in this hotel. I go for first time in less than 2 weeks and agian the hotel is getting bad reveiws.

Think I will now sweat for next couple of weeks thinking where am I going ! Not sure about anyone else, I find alot of good/average reveiws then 3 poor ones very strange!

London, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: SRLM - Guess we'll have to go with it

gem1984 - 'I find alot of good/average reveiws then 3 poor ones very strange!'

me too... there was one good review that appeared a couple of days ago but it's now gone.

i'm off to there in a week, i guess as long as i don't eat and avoid the mares pool, i'll have a cracking time.

lee

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
96,793 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SRLM - Guess we'll have to go with it

Can't understand why this hotel is taking some flak as of late. Would hope that the management step in and sort these problems out.

leeds england
Level Contributor
75 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SRLM - Guess we'll have to go with it

yes I was thinking the same, starve and avoid swimming in the pool.

Not sure who removes the posts from here maybe someone totally disagreed, depend on experience I suppose.

As Bellagio says I hope some one takes notice and sorts out the issues.

On the whole really looking forward to it, think Cuba will be interesting.

London, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: SRLM - Guess we'll have to go with it

that's odd, a new review has now appeared in between the bad ones.

lee

Toronto
Level Contributor
428 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: SRLM - Guess we'll have to go with it

You have made an excellent choice, it really is a fantastic hotel, been there last less than two months ago and planning on going again. The food quality and selection is very good, there are lots of bars around the complex so you can always find a quiet one or a lively one depending on what you want. Most of the entertainment is also very professional, from water ballet to singers to rock music. I think some reviews also depend on the time of year people go, July and August are the worst time to go as it is too hot and humid and that probably affects peoples experience. Even we enjoyed it less in July than April. So don't worry about a cracked tile in the Mares pool or the rare cockroach, as long as it's not medium rare and in your food.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
744 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SRLM - Guess we'll have to go with it

You're going to have a blast. We were here in April, and we had no problems with the food or pool! Sure, if you go looking for problems you WILL find them, so just don't look! ;) Though that goes for any resort anywhere. Seriously though, you're getting worked up for nothing, the food is fine as is the whole resort.

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
437 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SRLM - Guess we'll have to go with it

Well Alexis, manager in sales has taken notice and left a message to the first of the 3 negative reviews. We love this place and will continue to return even though a few negative reviews crop up now and then, this is the same type of reviews another fine hotel (BG) gets. Can't please everyone I guess.

fife,scotland
Level Contributor
569 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: SRLM - Guess we'll have to go with it

We were there in July for the 4th time and the new management team are needing to get their acts together and quick. The lack of seating in the evenings was unbelievable seeing people all dressed up and havin to sit on walls and stairs should just not happen. We had a meeting with Omar [think he was the food and beveridge manager] and was told they were waiting for a consignment of furniture to arrive - why I do not know as there was a jazz bar that was fully furnished the Aczur bar which had adeqaute seating but they were never open in the evening, when we mentioned this he thought we could be bought with a couple of free spa treatments this offer we declined and told him we just wanted a seat after we had been for our evening meal [sadly the seating only lasted 2 nights and then went back to no seating never had so many early nights on my hols]. It was like they did not open them to save on staffing which is really sad. The staff are still fantastic and Lily is a gem, but hopefully Mohammed can give the new management team a few pointers or returning guest numbers will drop. Go and enjoy yourself the beach is to die for and the working staff are so good.

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
437 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: SRLM - Guess we'll have to go with it

I was under the impression that during the summer months hotels sometime reduce services available due to it being the "low" season.

Since these places were closed each night then seating could/should have been brought over and returned later on.

mchappy, how was the rest of your stay, any issues like the last few posters?

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
96,793 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: SRLM - Guess we'll have to go with it

Reading between the lines it seems to me that the standard has slipped since the previous Director General Mohammed Fawzi has moved to the PRDO. Is this down to the new Manager not keeping on top of his staff and they are not performing as they did in the past?

The same happened at the PCV when, after having a good Manager, the next one was useless and the standards slipped until they replaced her with a another manager.

Edited: 07 September 2010, 23:43