We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson / FC v's Thomas Cook

Oxford, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Thomson / FC v's Thomas Cook

Can anyone tell me if the seats are much smaller on Thomas Cook to Cuba than they are on Thonson / FC? My Partner is 6ft.2 and we have always flown with FC but Thomas Cook are coming up much cheaper is the seat size difference noticeable?

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
100,649 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson / FC v's Thomas Cook

It's the width that's the issue on the Thomas Cook Airbus. First Choice economy cabin seating is 2-3-2 on their Boeing 767's yet the Thomson Boeing 767's are 2-4-2. Most flights to Cuba are still on the ex First Choice aircraft.

Thomas Cook Airbus A330's are 3-3-3, apart from 5 rows at the rear of the aircraft, so you can see that the seats are narrower. A couple of years back Thomas Cook took out several seats on their aircraft to increase the leg room so it's around the same as First Choice now.

My advice to you is if Thomas Cook are cheaper, fly with them. Leg room won't be an issue.

Edited: 26 October 2010, 10:35
Gloucestershire, UK
Level Contributor
605 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson / FC v's Thomas Cook

I prefer Thomson over Thomas Cook due to the bad service I have received in the past but it is personal choice.

The best option is to ask Thomson to match the TC price then you can have the best of both worlds!

Edited: 26 October 2010, 10:38
UK
Level Contributor
325 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson / FC v's Thomas Cook

Have just booked for next Sept and the biggest diiference was the baggage allowance.

FC gives 23kg whereas TC gives just 15kg before you have to pay silly money per kilo.

That's the same as Bmibaby on a 50 minute flight to Jersey!

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
100,649 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson / FC v's Thomas Cook

junctiontwo:

The standard luggage allowance on a FC flight is 20 kilos unless you have booked Premium or staying at a Premium hotel.

Middlesex
Level Contributor
999 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson / FC v's Thomas Cook

I fly TC all the time to Cuba, and the leg room is okay, my ex husband is 6ft 4", and he just about managed, but he would sit on a aisle seat if the extra room ones had gone.

Its the width thats the problem, not too comfortable if your on the wide side.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
828 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson / FC v's Thomas Cook

If you book through direct holidays, which is a branch of TC you get 20KG luggage allowance, if you book through TC you only get 15KG and have to pay £35 per person for extra 5KG if you want it.

Jan :)

SKELMERSDALE
Level Contributor
721 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomson / FC v's Thomas Cook

We flew with T/C for our sins in May front seats were pretty ample but after that they were narrow we had 20kgs? with 5 on hand luggage that was when we went to club amigo? butwe had rubbish service NO RADIO NO TV and my granddaughter was really poorley and her bell didnt work some one had to walk down the back and find a member of staff After a battle with them since May TODAY we recieved a VOUCHER for £50 lol like we said to head office IF U HAD A BAD MEAL would u want a voucher 2 go back? we dont want a voucher to use T/C again so they r now giving us a cheque for £40 by the way weve been fighting T/C for 8 years

Middlesex
Level Contributor
999 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomson / FC v's Thomas Cook

Rosemead, where does it say on the website that you get 20 kilos?

Looking at the hotel I want same date is £9 more PP, but if your right about the 20 kilos, then I will have saved £26 PP by booking with direct.

Middlesex
Level Contributor
999 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomson / FC v's Thomas Cook

Bump.....

Any know for definate if direct holidays give you 20kgs of hold allowance, or point me in the direction of where to find it on thier website? :-)

Middlesex
Level Contributor
999 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomson / FC v's Thomas Cook

Found it, but doesnt say if the 20kgs includes the 5 kgs in your carry on, so am still none the wiser.

Get answers to your questions about Guardalavaca
Recent Conversations