We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SRLM Just back after a wonderful week at this hotel

Dusseldorf, Germany
Level Contributor
32 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
SRLM Just back after a wonderful week at this hotel

Just to let everyone know we had a wonderful week at the SRLM.

We stayed on the Mares side of the Hotel in Block 3.

There have been some worries about the Hotel lately but we didn't have any problems.

The room was a little bit dated but spotlessly clean and the view from the room amazing.

The staff are all very helpful and as my husband and I both had birthdays in October we were treated to a lovely meal in the gazebo next to the sea. Thanks to the staff for organising it.

Go with an open mind and you will thoroughly enjoy yourselves. This is not an expensive hotel and therefore great value.

Any questions and I would be glad to help if I can.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
98,759 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SRLM Just back after a wonderful week at this hotel

Pleased you had such a great time. How was the weather?

Dusseldorf, Germany
Level Contributor
32 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SRLM Just back after a wonderful week at this hotel

Hi Bellagio

The weather was OK during the day. Plenty of time on the beach but quite often by four or five o clock we had some rain and some pretty ferocious thunderstorms in the evening. They didn't stop us doing anything but people might consider packing a small umbrella if they are in Mares block and need to get to the Italian or French restaurants. I think there may even be umbrellas in the hotel for guests to use. It is still the rainy season but it didn't spoil our holiday at all.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
98,759 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SRLM Just back after a wonderful week at this hotel

That's definitely the best time for the rain to fall though, so it doesn't interfere with daytime activities.

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SRLM Just back after a wonderful week at this hotel

Glad you enjoyed yourselves - told you you would! :o)

Somerset UK
Level Contributor
31 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SRLM Just back after a wonderful week at this hotel

Hi Tizzy. Glad that you had a great week. One question. Did you let the hotel know it was your birthdays...(and if so was it when there or before you left?) ...or did they just notice from booking details etc? - We shall be at SLRM for my birthday in Jan and from what I've heard was hoping to ask for a French restaurant reservation that night. Thanks, Maggie.

Edited: 29 October 2010, 17:16
Dusseldorf, Germany
Level Contributor
32 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SRLM Just back after a wonderful week at this hotel

Hi everyone thanks for the replies.

Maggie we mentioned to Wendy that we were celebrating two birthdays in October when we were trying to sort out rooms before our trip.

We received a letter in our room asking us to come and see the Customer Services staff regarding a party and were offered a breakfast and meal in the gazebo.

It was very thoughtful of the hotel and much appreciated. We declined the breakfast as it was a bit early for us but the meal by candlelight was one of the main highlights of our holiday.

Somerset UK
Level Contributor
31 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SRLM Just back after a wonderful week at this hotel

Thanks for that info Tizzy.

8. Re: SRLM Just back after a wonderful week at this hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2011, 06:50