We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paradisus rio de oro - royal service room or standard?

Level Contributor
244 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
paradisus rio de oro - royal service room or standard?

hi - I am thinking of booking this hotel for a week in November and am debating whether to upgrade or stay in a standard room. Any suggestions? also, is it possible to upgrade once you are there and how much does it cost? thanks

kent
Level Contributor
80 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: paradisus rio de oro - royal service room or standard?

Hi....we stayed in a standard room last Feb and it is all you want,the rooms are very big with outside space...how long do you spend in a room.We did look over the rooms at the royal suites and they are excellent, but worth the extra,depends on how you want to spend your hard earned holiday money.

But you will enjoy what ever you chose............enjoy

kent
Level Contributor
80 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: paradisus rio de oro - royal service room or standard?

Hi again........last year you could book R/S once you where there but it had only just open and was not that busy,and they took you round the place to have a look I think it was about £50 a day then but much more now.

You was able to book the resturant at the R/S we ate there 3 times last year

and used the bar with better brand drinks at no extra cost....excellent

London
Level Contributor
869 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: paradisus rio de oro - royal service room or standard?

The costs of the room upgrades are as follows :-

"To Royal Service Master Junior Suite (garden view): 68 CUC (Cuban convertible peso) per person per night

To Royal Service Master Junior Suite (sea view): 128 CUC (Cuban convertible peso) per person per night

To Royal Service Luxury Master Junior Suite (garden view): 148 CUC (Cuban convertible peso) per person per night

As there are a few Royal Service Master Junior Suite and Luxury Master Junior Suite, so we can initially book you into the Royal Service Master Junior Suite (garden view) and closer to your stay we double check and have one of the other categories booked for you in case you prefer any of them."

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,023 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: paradisus rio de oro - royal service room or standard?

Those prices are correct at the moment. If you leave it until you get there, they might have gone up or down by then.

Level Contributor
244 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: paradisus rio de oro - royal service room or standard?

thanks for your replies - as its a special birthday I think I will splash out this year - I will e-mail the hotel direct and book the upgrade with them as its a lot more if I do it through First Choice. Can't wait to go now!

Glasgow, United...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: paradisus rio de oro - royal service room or standard?

Hi there - I read your post regarding upgrading to royal service. I will be visiting the hotel in May of this year. So far I have reserved a standard room but was looking to find out the cost to upgrade. I was wondering if you had been in contact with the General manager at the hotel and whether you knew the cost involved to upgrade. If so I would be greatful if you could give me an idea on how much it would cost if I was to wait until I got there. Many thanks, I look forward to hearing from you, John.

London
Level Contributor
869 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: paradisus rio de oro - royal service room or standard?

Costs are shown in this thread - look upwards!!!!

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,023 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: paradisus rio de oro - royal service room or standard?

See post 3. Rates are current but subject to change.

9. Re: paradisus rio de oro - royal service room or standard?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2012, 05:18