We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in cuba May/June?

London, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
weather in cuba May/June?

Hi

I am going to SRLM last week of May to first week of June, I know it is hard to predict what the weather will be but has anyone been at this time of year before who could let me know what I could possibly expect?

Thanks

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
96,793 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in cuba May/June?

It will be very hot and humid with the possibility of thunderstorms which are likely to be short and sharp.

Denholme, United...
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in cuba May/June?

We too are going 25th may for 2 weeks, We've been to the caribbean many times in may/june . Yeah it does Rain and we have always expected that but its also very hot ( and Humid) . It dosnt put us of going. Cos there down pours normally only last a short time.Normally rains during the night when in bed too .

Grimsby
Level Contributor
54 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in cuba May/June?

In May 2009, on our last trip, there was a heavy rainstorm that lasted two hours. It included hail, large enough to kill sheep belonging to a local farmer. Anyone else there at the time would have lived through it and will remember it!

It was the first time many of the staff had seen hail (granisso) and it caused quite a stir. Two hours later the three inches or water outside our room was gone, the sun was out and it remained hot throughout. Got some reading done in the pool bar and the staff and guests were "evacuated" on a buggy.

Some kind and joking member of staff pushed up the roof cover carrying a large pool of water, sending it cascading down my neck! We had a great time and was one of the many highlights of the holiday.

We are back May 15 to 6 June, hope to see you there.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in cuba May/June?

Hi angierich1,

We too are at the srlm in may, hope theres not too much rain!!!! this will be our first time there, might see you round the pool, you will arrive on our 2nd week.

nikki & rich

East Yorkshire
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in cuba May/June?

I'm going 5th May, thought would try and get there before the rainy season started. I wont mind short burst of rain, but hopefully this will be all. xx here's hoping!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in cuba May/June?

hi eastyorkshire,

we arrive on the 8th may just a few days after you, do you mind

me asking are you staying at srlm, and if so have you been to this resort before.

thanks.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather in cuba May/June?

Hi, we are there from 18/5/11 for 2 weeks. When are you actually going. We have never been there at this time of year we are normally there in july/august but still hoping to have a good time and hope to meet you there.

Linda & Roy x

Denholme, United...
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weather in cuba May/June?

We have been many times to the caribbean in may june. Yeah it rains but not for long. Its very hot and humid. Make sure you have mossi spray on cos after the rain you will need it on a evening.

See ya there :)

3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: weather in cuba May/June?

What is Mossi spray?? Thinking about going may 12 ish, first trip, any other tips??

3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: weather in cuba May/June?

What is Mossi spray?? Thinking about going may 12 ish, first trip, any other tips??