We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in June 2011

Angmering, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in June 2011

Hi we are thinking of travelling to Cuba in June for our first time, we will be looking at staying for 2 weeks from about 13th June. Can anyone tell me what weather we should expect as we don't want to waste a lot of money getting caught in the rain and no sun!!

We would really appreciate any comments or experiences anyone has! Thanks, Zoe

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in June 2011

It will be in the middle of Hurricane season and you may experience some down pours, other than that, it will be hot, hot, hot!

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
100,987 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in June 2011

June is not in the middle of the hurricane season. The Atlantic Hurricane season only starts on June 1st and goes through until the end of November.

Angmering, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in June 2011

Ok thanks but I have seen reports saying it may rain but for an hour in the evening. Is this luck of the draw or do we need a raincoat! I have never been out of Europe before so excuse my lack of knowledge on these weather fronts. I don't want to risk it if its likely to ruin the holiday, Zoe

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
100,987 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in June 2011

It can rain at any time. It's a tropical country. Usually it's short sharp daytime showers. In my experience it's more likely to rain during the night than it is during the evening.

When I have been there in June it has been very dry and hot so I really wouldn't worry about the weather.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
671 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in June 2011

I wouldn't let the thought of rain ruin the build-up or your holiday at all. We were in this area of Cuba early July last year and are returning late June this year. Yes it rained but, as Bellagio has mentioned, the rain came in short sharp downpours. We experienced 3 such downpours in 2 whole weeks and the longest lasted about 30 minutes, then the sun comes back out to play and you can hardly believe it happened!!!

These tropical showers are in themselves an experience to relish if you have never been out of Europe before. You may also be lucky enough to see some fantastic flashes of lightning out over the ocean (the colours are amazing if this happens in the early evening!!) just sit back, have a cocktail or two, and enjoy natures show!

Truly, please don't fret about this, you have picked a wonderful destination and I'm sure you will have a fantastic holiday :-)

Newton Abbot, Devon
Level Contributor
275 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in June 2011

Have been the last 5 years end of June for 2 weeks, had no rain at all during the day for those 10 weeks and only an odd rain shower in the eveining or at night. You can expect high tempatures and humidity and sunshine all the way. We are off again 27th June PRDO 2 weeks. Peter

Scotland, UK
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in June 2011

June is our preferred time of year to visit Cuba. The weather will be very hot and humid. It is rainy season so you can expect a few rain showers and/or thunderstorms, but they don't generally last too long.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
829 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in June 2011

We were there July last year and it was very hot, but the thunderstorms in the evenings were AMAZING........ If you like thunderstorms that is.

This year were also going in June and hoping for more of the same weather.

Jan :)

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
6,047 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in June 2011

In June, it will be HOTTER than blazes! Seek shade at any opportunity!

Bring an umbrella ~ if it rains you'll be fully equipped to deal with it. Even if it doesn't and the sun is beating down...that umbrella will still come in handy if walking out in the sun. You'll see lots of the locals using umbrella's to stay cooler too.

Terry

10. Re: Weather in June 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 11:18
Get answers to your questions about Guardalavaca