We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats with all the bad reviews coming up for the Brias

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Whats with all the bad reviews coming up for the Brias

I booked The Brias Guardalavaca on the back of all of the good reviews that were coming from The Brias now there are a few bad reviews coming out its as if its a different hotel . I am still excited about going however reading these reviews does make you think!!

Scunthorpe, United...
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Whats with all the bad reviews coming up for the Brias

We are travelling to the Brisas on Wednesday and we were a little concerned as well at the recent reviews, however.... after reading many comments regarding these reviews I have come to the conclusion that there may be some niggles at the hotel, but if you approach the staff in a friendly and respectful manner they will usually address these promptly. With so many returning guests, you realise that these unhappy guests are very much in the minority. As many people have said, go with an open mind and a friendly manner and you are sure to enjoy yourself and get the best out of the hotel! Thats what we hope anyway...!! WE CAN'T WAIT!!

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
96,793 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whats with all the bad reviews coming up for the Brias

That's absolutely correct and remember Brisas is only advertised as a 3 star hotel so don't go there expecting 5 star accommodation and food. You have not paid for that.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Whats with all the bad reviews coming up for the Brias

The one about maids stealing from your room worries me most. This needs urgent attention if true. Don't think security on the beach are stepping up either??hope it gets sorted soon.

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whats with all the bad reviews coming up for the Brias

These Revirews have NOT put me off going to The Brais as I am SOOO EXCITED!! we are renewing our wedding vows also meeting new friends!! what does concern me is what damage these reviews cause to people looking at booking their holidays.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whats with all the bad reviews coming up for the Brias

Where is LoonyLou?

She knows this property very well and will give some insight....

Glasgow
Level Contributor
468 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whats with all the bad reviews coming up for the Brias

It goes without saying that there will be some bad reviews for EVERY hotel, I wouldn't worry about it as the majority are good. Same thing happened to me just as I had booked SRLM, but the reviews have been excellent past few days again, as happens with most of the resorts. I'm sure you'll have a great time at Brisas.

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Whats with all the bad reviews coming up for the Brias

I know the reviews are good & bad thankyou to everyone for your replies I am not worried about them im just suprised by them as the reviews have gone from very good to some very poor ones coming through however I am reasured by all of your replies

Thankyou everyone

Level Contributor
602 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Whats with all the bad reviews coming up for the Brias

I am a returning guest to brisas and absolutely love it. Bellagio is correct you must remember you are in cuba so dont expect things you get in spain etc as some things are not readily available. I have never experienced or heard of theft from a room before. However if you leave things on your pillow the maid could take them as this is were you leave tips for the maid.

montreal
Level Contributor
10,044 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Whats with all the bad reviews coming up for the Brias

Besides how many people write a review not many so why spoil a vacation over something you can do nothing about it .....

London, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Whats with all the bad reviews coming up for the Brias

You know what the reviews are a little alarming, but I think as long as your expectations aren't too high you'll be cool! I've been emailing one of the ladies at Brisas and she seems so lovely and excited to have us going there later this month that it's eradicated all my fears!

:) Hope you have a good time rsmith!