We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suncream @ airport

Bolton
Level Contributor
580 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Suncream @ airport

Hi all,

Has anyone bought suncream/toiletries ect from Boots at the airport terminal? If so do they have the offers that are in the high street, ie the suncreams are on BOGOF I know there might not be as much choice. We are flying from Manchester terminal 1.

I know I am going to struggle weight wise, only got 20kg each (not our usual 30kg)

I don't want to sacrifice my shoes..............

Regards

Browny123

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
20,302 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suncream @ airport

Yes all the offers are the same, same price as well.

There is not the selection but there is two Boots there. So if they dont have it in the one just past customs they may have it in the one by the departure gates.

Bolton
Level Contributor
580 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suncream @ airport

Thanks diva,

A girl needs her shoes lol

Regards

Browny123

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
402 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suncream @ airport

you are lucky we have 15 kilos

Bolton
Level Contributor
580 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suncream @ airport

Oh my gosh, who are you flying with, I didn't realise any of the longhaul flights had such a small allowance, my hand luggage (trolley case) weighed 12kg when we went in March luckily our hand luggage wasn't weighed or I would have been in trouble because there was no room in our cases either we had 30kg each, and I managed to get them to 39.2kg and 39.8kg..........

I know I took quite alot of medical stuff,school supplies,toiletries and gifts, but still our cases were ridiculous far to many clothes and shoes haha.

Regards

Browny123

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
100,649 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suncream @ airport

Browny123:

If you book with Thomas Cook the standard luggage allowance is only 15 kgs. You can pay another £35 per person to have 20 kgs though.

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
20,302 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suncream @ airport

Some TC properties come with a 20 kilo allowance, if they are the Select hotel range.

Direct holidays all come with 20 kilos.

Thomson have 20 kilos, and a 5 or 7 kilo hand luggage depending on hotel type.That is for basic not premier seats.

w, yorks
Level Contributor
145 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suncream @ airport

Hi all this may come in handy we are traveling with TCX and at the time of booking i mentioned i wanted to take some things for a local school/orphanage the lady that booked it got back to me a few days later and said we can have an extra 10kg each for humaniterian aid, just a thought if anyone else is taking supplys

does any one know of a school or orphanage that doesnt normally get visited by tourist trips

manchester
Level Contributor
125 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suncream @ airport

hi , just a word of warning . i work at mcr airport . PLEASE don't put any over sized sun lotions in your hand luggage . if your over on your luggage allowance . security will take them off you . so as i always say . you can put layers of clothes on and take them off but toiletries and lotions cost a fortune and they are gone once security confiscate them . . i think all terminals at mcr have Boots airside .

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
20,302 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Suncream @ airport

Yes we are saying buy after customs, not before.

There is 2 Boots, one just after you go trough security, down the steps and one just before the departure gates, in Terminal .

manchesterairport.co.uk/manweb.nsf/Content/R…

Edited: 11 August 2011, 12:01
Manchester, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Suncream @ airport

Hi everybody, was thinking of buying some digital luggage scales as have had trouble with luggage weight before, especially when returning, when somehow our luggage even though theres probably less after leaving things there somehow increases on their scales!

As anybody used these before and know if they are accurate and useful?

thanks

Get answers to your questions about Guardalavaca
Recent Conversations