We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New to Guardalavaca forum

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
New to Guardalavaca forum

Hi everyone,

I am very happy to share the news with the world: just booked to go to Cuba for the first time in my life. Never been anywhere outside of Europe so I am all excited and a bit nervous too (long haul flight- just the thought of it scares me). I have been reading forum posts for over two weeks now dating all the way back to last year so I have gathered a lot of information already but be prepared I will bother you a lot with my questions. :))

Details of holiday: 7th Jan - 22nd Jan 2013, SRLM.

OMG can't wait!!!!

Iza

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New to Guardalavaca forum

Welcome to the forum! and Congrats on the booking!

Don't be shy! Ask away!

Cardiff
Level Contributor
368 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New to Guardalavaca forum

No need to be nervous about the flight. planes only tend to crash once (Couldn't resist) hope you have a great time

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
96,793 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New to Guardalavaca forum

Iza:

Congratulations on booking. Have you read the Top questions about Guardalavaca on the top right hand side of the Guardalavaca home page?

You will find a ton of useful and up to date information there.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New to Guardalavaca forum

Thank you x

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
96,793 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New to Guardalavaca forum

You're welcome. There is always someone around to answer any questions that you might have. Far better for you to ask them here than at your travel agent as most of them know very little about Cuba.

Did you book with Thomas Cook or Thomson?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New to Guardalavaca forum

Oh yes Bellagio, believe me I have read it all back and forward and back and forward and visited many other websites for information, I have done a wish list on Amazon already (so that my shopping list is always there as a reminder) I think I am more prepared then some just days before departure but that is due to the fact this holiday is going to be a whole new experience and I don't want to be shocked by any unexpected to come (because it will be expected now lol). My questions will be about the hotel mainly, but also as I am not a well traveled person any tips and hints will be much appreciated :)

Will probably seek for more advice closer to the dates and will keep reading all the posts in the meantime ;)

Thanks for reading x

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New to Guardalavaca forum

It is Thomas Cook. At the time of booking Thomson/First Choice was way more expensive, now they have decreased their prices just of today and are closer to Thomas Cook's prices but still more expensive. Never traveled with Thomas Cook before though.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New to Guardalavaca forum

Thanks ddcuba37 and Steve I am very grateful to hear that good old joke once again lol

London, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New to Guardalavaca forum

Hi Iza.. I also booked with Thomas Cook due to it being a lot cheaper but would have prefered Thomsons as have not gone with TC before.. going to the SRLM too but in 3 weeks time so will let you know how I get on:) like you I have not travelled anywhere outside Europe apart from Canada so certainly no where like Cuba, have been doing lots of research like you, a good thing to do I think! Well I'm sure you'll love it!!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New to Guardalavaca forum

Ebrewer109

aahh i am sooo jealous now :)

well hope you have a fantastic holiday and come back and tell us all about it and also feel free to pm me pre and post holiday :)

night night