We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing from the shore

southwales
Level Contributor
8 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing from the shore

Hi

Wife and I are heading out to SRLM in September (only 3 1/2 weeks to go he! he! he! ) Question is hows the fishing near the hotel ? any good ?

Cardiff
Level Contributor
374 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing from the shore

I don't rally know about specific areas as cuba is one of the few places I have never fished before, but as I have been informed in the past float fishing a live bait can be reasonable for barracuda in the evenings.

southwales
Level Contributor
8 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing from the shore

Thanks for the info steve, never been to cuba but I have heard that the fishing in certain areas is quite good.

Fished dominican rep/ mexico RM and that was good fun so hoping for same in a new resort.

Any one else been?

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
3,753 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing from the shore

Never fished in Cuba-pretty sure you'll enjoy.Cuba is a great holiday destination.We've been x3 & got one pending.We're sure you will have plenty of fond memories & good luck! Mwynhau eich hunan a paid a yfed rhy gormod!

southwales
Level Contributor
8 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing from the shore

Hi scarletrugby

Thanks for your reply , where have you been in before in cuba?

ashamed to say even though i'm a pure bred celt I can't speak or fully understand our own native tounge sorry mate, but would i be right in saying that that means something about having a great holiday?

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
3,753 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing from the shore

Hi,yes 'enjoy yourselves & don't drink too much!' Went Cayo Coco (2008), Guardalavaca (2010) & Varadero in april. All fantastic holidays made better by the people we met & drinks we drunk! Got Playa Costa Verde next spring-so looking forward to that. We're sure that you'll enjoy Cuba,it's a fab place to go.Beaches are lovely as are the people.Sometimes the food can (by our standards) be a little bland but is plentiful & there will always be something to fill you up.If you need any more info pm me & if we can help we will. Scarlet

Bear River, Canada
Level Contributor
3,764 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fishing from the shore

Stayed at SRLm in April and did not see anyone fishing from shore. The beach there is not sheltered as much as the resorts up the road at Pesquero Beach. Always someone fishing off the cliff along the shoreline there. It was quite windy At SRLM in April and the high surf was not condusive to good fishing.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
482 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fishing from the shore

My partner has had good luck fishing from the paddle boat at SRLM. He ended up giving his catch to the activity guys on the beach. He also tried fishing from the dock at the Bahia de Naranjo without any success, although we did meet some local fishermen there. We shared some of our hooks with them and in return they gave us a lovely little conch from the Bay. Hope this helps.

nottingham england
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Fishing from the shore

Just got back from brisas my son tried fishing from the pier without any luck.

He went on the mangrove fishing trip and caught loads had a great day and it was only 29 pesos.Others went on the deep sea fishing said the sea was really rough and caught nothing.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
374 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fishing from the shore

@8 Being quite interested about fishing around Brisas, was there any depth of water around the pier

nottingham england
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Fishing from the shore

Steve the trouble with the pier was it was very rocky so the hooks kept getting caught on the rocks.

You would probably enjoy the mangrove fishing a guy rows the boat for you and cooks the fish for you as well.They caught lots of red snapper.