We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brisas Guardalavaca

kent
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Brisas Guardalavaca

Going for 2 weeks on 6th November and can't wait. Anything I need to know before I go? Am slightly confused (a permanent state lol) about the visa, do I need to apply for one or do it when I get there.

Just 1 other question how is entry to the swimming pools at the Brisas, random question I know but I have mobility problems and can't use the stupid metal ladders.

Cheers for any help guys

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
101,117 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brisas Guardalavaca

chasmi49:

I can answer your question about the visa. As you are flying on November 6th I assume that it's a Thomson flight into Holguin from London Gatwick.

Thomson will send your visas around 2 weeks before you fly. This is what they look like:

…photobucket.com/albums/…Touristcard-1.jpg

kent
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brisas Guardalavaca

Thankyou very much , and you are correct on all counts about the flight. That is one thing less to worry about, only another 499 to go lol

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
101,117 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brisas Guardalavaca

Hopefully LoonyLou will see this and answer as she only returned home from Brisas on Wednesday morning after a month long stay.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Holguin, Guardalavaca
Level Contributor
14,384 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brisas Guardalavaca

Hi chasmi; entry into the hotel pool is via wide steps with hand rail, quite easy to negotiate though sometimes the steps can get slippery so do take care on the steps. The Villa pool can be entered from a shallow end that starts at ankle depth so thats quite easy for getting in and out, otherwise its those horrible metal pool ladders !!

if you stay in the hotel there are 2 sets of lifts ~ one set on the right side of hotel and the other set on the left (as you look out to sea) if you use the lifts on the right side, these will take you right down to PB Level (Basement); at PB level and as you get out of the lift, infront of you but to the right you will see a little alley/access path,,,, take that and it will bring you out by the swimming pool, this also makes easy access for the downstairs lobby bar, buffet, grill & 24hr bar, beach, poolside, night time shows etc for people with mobility issues or wheelchair users as you dont have to go up and down the large marble staircase ...... sounds complicated but its not, honest !!

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
101,117 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brisas Guardalavaca

Have a read of this link to the website that LoonyLou has created about Brisas:

brisas.beep.com

kent
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brisas Guardalavaca

Thankyou so much LoonyLou you are right it does sound complicated but I'm sure when I see it, I will say " ahh I get it now ". I am so glad I will be able to get into the pool.

I have emailled Madelaine and she has been brilliant and so helpful.

The website you have set up is amazing and made it very clear.

I am sure we will love it as much as you obviously do

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brisas Guardalavaca

A great website indeed!

Cardiff
Level Contributor
380 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brisas Guardalavaca

I may see you there as I go to Brisas as I go on 7th November

kent
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Brisas Guardalavaca

I will look out for you Steve

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Brisas Guardalavaca

I also go on the 6th November so see you all there!!!

Get answers to your questions about Guardalavaca