We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santiago day trip Thomson's or Thomas Cook?

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
180 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Santiago day trip Thomson's or Thomas Cook?

We are going to SLRM in Feb and would like to go to Santiago. An organised trip would be fine but there seems to be a price difference between the trip offered by Thomson and by Thomas Cook (approx 30cuc). If the prices are up to date is there a significant difference between the two?

Any information on what to expect from our day would be useful - all I know at the moment is that it will be a long day!

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
180 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Santiago day trip Thomson's or Thomas Cook?

Thanks bellagio! That's one trip sorted, just another one or two to think about!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
684 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Santiago day trip Thomson's or Thomas Cook?

We did this trip with Thomas Cook and would definitely say it was worth the money. Yes it's a long trip and it's a long day BUT if you're not going to Havana then I'd say Santiago is a must for those interested in Cuba and it's history. The ride in the old American cars was terrific and the highlight of my Hubby's holiday!

I would say that it can get almost unbearably hot in Santiago so wear very light clothing and remember to carry water with you. I thought I was melting like the wicked witch of the west at the Castel!!

:-)

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
6,296 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Santiago day trip Thomson's or Thomas Cook?

Just to add that the coaches are comfortable with good air conditioning. It will depend on what time of year you go as to how hot the weather is. When we went March/April the temperature was just nice.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
684 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Santiago day trip Thomson's or Thomas Cook?

Very true Pansypotter-7, I should have mentioned that we were there in July.

:-)

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
180 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Santiago day trip Thomson's or Thomas Cook?

We are going in Feb so shouldn't be too bad!

Newport, England...
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Santiago day trip Thomson's or Thomas Cook?

Hi could you send me details of this as we are booked to travel this November. Many thanks a Haley Woodward. Haleymwoodward@gmail.com

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
102,136 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Santiago day trip Thomson's or Thomas Cook?

Haley W:

Welcome to Trip Advisor. It's not wise to post your email address on an open forum such as this as you could find you may receive a lot of spam emails.

It would be best if you deleted your post and reposted without disclosing your email address. To do this click on the blue text 'Report inappropriate content' at the bottom of your post and from the pull down menu select 'Remove my Post'.

southern alberta
Level Contributor
337 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Santiago day trip Thomson's or Thomas Cook?

Hi Bellagio: Somehow you sent this to Sue( Happyface07) Not really sure how that happened, just thought I'd let you know, so that you could re-send this to the person it was intended for. Hope all is good with you. Haven't been on tripadvisor for a while, as I've been working out of town, without internet service.Also wondering when you might be planning a trip back to Red Deer Alberta,. Currrently I am working in Stettler, a small town near there. Anyway, nice to see that you are still helping all of us on tripadvisor. Thanks Bellagio!

Swindon England
Level Contributor
297 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Santiago day trip Thomson's or Thomas Cook?

Hi

We did the private trip as shown by LonyLou 2011, Best ever trip we have done in Cuba. Loved travel in 50's American car with bench seats. Big plus guide was flexi adapted as we went. Wonderful lunch in Santiago top floor of a private house. We may go again this week the only draw back was the car's air-conditioning (open windows) we were covered in diesel smuts took a good long shower to get clean.

Cheers

Dariusdave

Swindon England
Level Contributor
297 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Santiago day trip Thomson's or Thomas Cook?

Hi

We did the private trip as shown by LonyLou 2011, Best ever trip we have done in Cuba. Loved travel in 50's American car with bench seats. Big plus guide was flexible adapted itinerary as we went. Wonderful lunch in Santiago top floor of a private house. We may go again this week the only draw back was the car's air-conditioning (open windows) we were covered in diesel smuts took a good long shower to get clean.

Cheers

Dariusdave

Get answers to your questions about Guardalavaca