We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre-booked thomas cook flight seats

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Pre-booked thomas cook flight seats

We were a party of six adults returning from cuba on 2nd may from Holguin to Manchester.Out bound flight pre-booked seats no problems.On checking in at Holguin homebound we were told our seats had been given to other passengers,as we were virtually last to check in we got 6 seats spread all over the plane nobody sitting together. We were told by the check in staff it was TC fault due to no paper work being sent to them. After reporting the problem to cabin staff he could not understand this as he had all his paperwork. Does this happen very often at Holguin as we were not the only party affected on our flight ?

14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre-booked thomas cook flight seats

Just prebooked mine for both inbound and outbound. I'd be pretty pissed if I spent £40 for this to happen!

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre-booked thomas cook flight seats

I've booked mine for end of July so I hope I get the ones I've booked

Swindon England
Level Contributor
289 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre-booked thomas cook flight seats

Hi

Can't keep up with TC. First the 90 day rule is abolished and only found out from this FORUM. Asked Coop Travel Agent who was unaware of change.

Now there are worries that we pay up front only to be bumped off at Holguin. Do we have a Bookmaker on this Forum? What are the odds that Kingy61 will get a refund yet alone compensation for a being cheated on his flight?

The real question is did ground crew at Holguin take a "tip" to re-allocate booked seats?

I still remember when we had book seats and no electrics (no lights, no films, no sound)on return flight. 1001 excuses from aircrew but they would not move us.

Dariusdave

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,873 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pre-booked thomas cook flight seats

No airline guarantees seat numbers. You actually pay for sitting together (despite what they call it) and if your seats are moved, as long as you are still seated together they have no need to refund. Kingy61 is entitled to a refund and if he contacts Customer Relations at Thomas Cook they will deal with it.

fife,scotland
Level Contributor
569 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pre-booked thomas cook flight seats

Your seat your choce I'd be miffed off if I didn't get the seats I had prebooked x

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pre-booked thomas cook flight seats

My wife phoned customer services at TC and according to the person she spoke to we will be getting a refund in the next 28 days, so watch this space.It might pay all future travellers to check with the hotel TC rep that this is a rare event and will not happen to them. Good luck all.

14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Pre-booked thomas cook flight seats

Sadly for me getting a refund wouldn't compensate for my partner who is scared of flying having to sit with a total stranger for a 10 hour flight when she'd be much less nervous and comfortable sitting together in the seats we had paid for.

I'd be kicking up fuss for an apology and compensation! It might just pay for next years seats ;).

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
96,793 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pre-booked thomas cook flight seats

MILLSII3:

Should that happen in your case. the crew would do their level best, even announcing it over the PA ,to get you seated together.

s wales
Level Contributor
529 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pre-booked thomas cook flight seats

This happened to a young foreign couple on the return flight tc we were on 26/4 returning to gatwick

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pre-booked thomas cook flight seats

we returned to day and it happened to us we had problems flying out and returning when we were checking in at Manchester on 24th April they had checked someone else in on our names it took about 40 mins to sort out and when we were at Holguin yesterday we were given seats that were not the ones we paid for and prebooked we were told it was thomas cooks fault as they hadnt notified them when we got on the plane and mentioned it to the cabin crew they went and spoke to the passengers in the seats we had prebooked and Thomas Cook had also sold them to the other couple in the uk my seats outbound and inbound were booked on the 19th January this was our honeymoon and it spoilt this for us so we were not happy