We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice Sol luna y mares first timers at this hotel

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
332 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Advice Sol luna y mares first timers at this hotel

Hi, My husband and I have been to Cuba on many occasions and love it, but never to this area. Really excited and SLDM seems like the perfect hotel for us. Can I please ask which side should we should go for?. We love the beach and wonder if any of the rooms have a sea view?. We are in our late 40s enjoy a drink but not too roudy ha ha ..Can you email the hotel to request a room?. I appreciate this May not be granted. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
536 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice Sol luna y mares first timers at this hotel

Reido - You will surely love the area - it is so beautiful. Which side of the hotel is difficult to suggest since both sides offer different options: Luna is definitely quieter, as is the pool there. Mares has more of the activities as well as the 24 hr bar that serves excellent coffees. Both sides offer sea view - so the choice is yours. Apart from the great staff we like the fact that you can choose a quiet or more active atmosphere in the daytime or evening hours no matter which side you stay on. The two sides are only a few minutes walk apart. The hotels usually get their guest list two weeks in advance, so you might e-mail then and ask for your room preference. I am sure there will be others who will add their advice to your post.

Milngavie, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice Sol luna y mares first timers at this hotel

Hey reido,

When are you going? Me and my husband arrive dec 9th up until 23rd!

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
332 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice Sol luna y mares first timers at this hotel

I'm afraid we are not until May!. Have you been before?.

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
332 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice Sol luna y mares first timers at this hotel

Thanks Conches, useful info

Milngavie, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice Sol luna y mares first timers at this hotel

Hi, no this will be our first time to Cuba! I will be able to tell you more about this resort on my return. Just to let you know I have already e-mailed the hotel to request a room and reserve tables at a la cartes. They said they would do the best they can so fingers crossed. I would advise you do the same a few weeks before you leave, it certainly won't do any harm!

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
332 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice Sol luna y mares first timers at this hotel

Hi Kate, Thank you that would be great. Cuba is wonderful and the Cubans are the nicest people we have ever met in all our travels. They make your holiday so special and of course the beaches are incredible!. We have not been for a few years and this will be our first time in Guardalavaca. We have been to cayo Guillermo , Santa Maria and holguin. Loved them all.

Mentioned in this post
Santa Maria
Santa Maria
Ilha do Sal, Cape Verde
Perth, Canada
Level Contributor
396 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice Sol luna y mares first timers at this hotel

We've been 3 times and are going to be there for Christmas this year for our 4th time.

We usually stay at the Mares side which is busier and closer to the main buffet. The beach is beautiful! The Luna side is quieter.

We always have a great time there - very relaxing and the a la carts are great!

Missy Jane

8. Re: Advice Sol luna y mares first timers at this hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Guardalavaca