We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking footwear

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,460 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Walking footwear

Starting to pack for Friday's departure to the Brisas and was wondering whether I'd need to take trainers with me. I always take trainers to Greece where I usually end up scrambling up rough terrain at some stage but have some flat soled Clarks walking sandals that I generally wear in Goa and was wondering if they'd suffice? Don't really want to pack my trainers if I'm unlikely to wear them. I know I won't need them for walking around the resort or to the market but want to do a bit of exploring when we're there and would like to go on the jeep safari too.

Thanks.

Knaresborough...
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking footwear

If you're going on the Jeep safari I believe sturdy footwear is recommended. I normally wear trainers in flight as they are the heaviest of my footwear as everything else is sandals or swim shoes :P You might get away with your sandals if they are quite a strong pair as you suggest.

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking footwear

If you have an of pair of sneakers, that's what I would take. I would assume the sandals should be fine for anything on or near the beach however, if they absorb water at all, they will probably stink a lot after they dry. We buy the cheap rubber ones and they wash off just fine. I find that if you get any canvas footware soaked, it will smell awful from the seaweed, etc. once it dries out

If you've got an old pair, take them and leave them in Cuba. Someone will get lots of use from them and you will have room to pack souvenirs.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,460 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking footwear

Thanks for your replies. I've just weighed what I've packed and it's already up to 20kg so will have to travel in my trainers if I'm taking them - or persuade OH to pack them in his suitcase as he's always got lots of room ;-)

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
98,797 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking footwear

Gemma:

Use up your OH baggage allowance, Just remember that Thomas Cook charge £18 per kilo for overweight baggage.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Holguin, Guardalavaca
Level Contributor
14,381 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking footwear

they can only charge for each FULL kilo you are over....so a little bit of leeway there...lol

6. Re: Walking footwear

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 06:19