We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

iPad

nottinghamshire
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
iPad

We are travelling to Guardalavaca at the end of July and someone mentioned that we might not be able to take the iPad with us as it's an American manufacturer. We are hoping that this isn't true as we are wondering how to keep a 2 year old entertained on the flight!!!

Kuujjuaq, Canada
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
4,511 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: iPad

Absolute foolishness, you can bring it no problem. Cuba has zero problem with U.S. goods. It's the other side who is holding on to an outdated grudge. Bring it and don't even think twice.

Also, I think manufacturing of the ipad moved from California to China a while ago so you're bringing a Chinese electronic. China and Cuba are good buddies :)

Edited: 07 June 2014, 11:06
nottinghamshire
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: iPad

Thankyou!! That's made me feel much better!!

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
96,793 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: iPad

salnmart:

You might care to check out my Inside Page on Items allowed into Cuba at this link:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g147270-c143377/Cub…

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: iPad

I take my iPad and never a problem.

5. Re: iPad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 06:16