We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brisas Guardalavaca from Atlantic Canada

Fredericton New...
Level Contributor
174 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Brisas Guardalavaca from Atlantic Canada

Any fellow Maritimers have their Crystal Balls dusted off..... When do you start seriously looking to booking your trip to the Brisas Guardalavaca or similar.... I'm finding the prices high right now but expect thing to start moving down $ late Sept/Oct for a January trip. Any hot tips or predictions for this travel year ? We booked through Sears for a Sunwing vacation for two weeks in January out of Halifax.... Like the idea of one up and one down direct flight.....But we are always on the hunt for that bargain price

Big AL

Yarmouth Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Brisas Guardalavaca from Atlantic Canada

I'm always looking for winter bargains to Holguin but this coming winter isn't looking great because of the lack of competition....the only direct flight from Halifax to Holguin in Jan and Feb 2015 is Sunwing and it doesn't start until Jan 20. On March 7 Nolitours starts direct flights for March-April....that's it for direct flights this winter from Halifax....The history with Sunwing out of Halifax is they may offer last minute bargains the week prior to the flight but this usually happens for the first flight of the season and the last couple of flights in late April....with the lack of competition there may not be any last minute bargains.

Edited: 16 June 2014, 01:01
Matane, Québec
Level Contributor
47 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brisas Guardalavaca from Atlantic Canada

I'M from eastern Quebec, and for me, going to Quebec city or Montreal, or going to Moncton, it's about the same time, so I looked for deals from New Brunswick to Holguin last winter, and because of the lack of competition, you'd be MUCH better to book from Quebec city or Montreal.

There is always the possibility to get a price with Air Canada Vacations, but you'll have to transfer.

Fredericton New...
Level Contributor
174 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brisas Guardalavaca from Atlantic Canada

Yes to a certain point the year before last we flew out of Quebec to Cayo Coco for a week....... Through Sunwing...... The price was decent......but Halifax was pretty good too because much less travel time and the parking was less.....

Fredericton New...
Level Contributor
174 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brisas Guardalavaca from Atlantic Canada

But that being said there are probably more opportunities to find a deal out of Quebec......But I really do like the one up and down........Parking at the Quebec airport was really expensive and there are no options to park off site......Quebec is a 6 hour drive for us and Halifax a 4 hour trip.... We paid the same for 2 weeks parking in Halifax for one week in Quebec..... Moncton offers nothing till March which is too late for us.......

Big Al

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Brisas Guardalavaca from Atlantic Canada

ANADAC123 - I was speaking with our travel agent a couple days ago (yes, we use one.. takes all the stress away), and she said that the Early Booking Deals are usually offered in the Sept/Oct time frame. We got our last trip to Brisas for $1024/ea for oceanview villas - booked Oct 24, for trip in mid-March and flew Sunwing. I usually check a few days each week, on the Trip Central site, so with both parties looking, I'm hopeful to book this fall, for our Winter Vacation 2015, at a wonderful price once again.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
2,728 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brisas Guardalavaca from Atlantic Canada

We always fly from Halifax and for the past few years have booked our April trips in July/August - the prices seem to be cheapest then and in fact for our trip this April we booked in early August and the price rose steadily right up until departure - it never went down or below what we paid for it. And believe it or not, it was Air Canada Vacations!!!

Kuujjuaq, Canada
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
4,514 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brisas Guardalavaca from Atlantic Canada

If you don't mind me asking, what prices have you had (all in) when booking during that time frame 2cubaigo? This resort is on our list and we usually go out of Halifax for April as well. Money for our deposits is sitting in the travel account and I'm just waiting for the right time to book. Feel free to PM if you don't want to share it openly. Appreciate it, no hard feelings if you don't want to share.

Fredericton New...
Level Contributor
174 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brisas Guardalavaca from Atlantic Canada

Hello:

I think we booked in Oct for a Jan 22nd trip to Brisas Guardalavaca for two weeks, we had a Villa which had a pool view and a 90 second walk to the beach. Our first trip there and we loved it....they have many many repeat guests..... We paid 3200.00 all in through Searstravel. Sunwing out of Halifax..... Plus we got 150.00 in Sears points...... Try Brisasbeep for info.. Looneylou was our resource, what great lady. Beach is great.... It is not a 5 star but it is clean and the food is good....never went hungry.... If you like it a little quieter go with a villa...the main bldg is noisier and busier.... We plan to return for another two weeks.... Jan 20th seems to be the bargain day so far for us...just waiting for prices to drop a little...

Big AL

9. Re: Brisas Guardalavaca from Atlantic Canada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Guardalavaca