We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SRLM Animation and Entertainment

Brantford
Level Contributor
675 posts
Save Topic
SRLM Animation and Entertainment

Hi,

Have this resort in mind for our fall vacation.

Have read many reviews and see that the Mares side is more active then the Luna side poolside.

My question is for the evening entertainment, such as live music. Not the theatre shows.

Due they have after dinner music before the shows ? Is it every evening ?

Thanks

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,488 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SRLM Animation and Entertainment

My info may be outdated, but we were there in early 2013 and they did have live music everynight. I'm not sure what was going on in the Mares lobby - we listened every night in the Luna lobby.

Brantford
Level Contributor
675 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: SRLM Animation and Entertainment

Thanks CubaJunkie....

You have been to many Cuban resorts

Can you tell me which ones had the best day time poolside music/activities and early evening entertainment

in your opinion. We are mostly pool people and we like a lively vibe for a mature 40 ish couple.

We have been to Iberostar Daquri, MLD, MCG, Iberostar Mojito, Iberostar Tainos, Rui in Holguin and although nothing was wrong with these resorts, we still haven't found the " one "

Maybe you have some suggestion please.

Thank you :)

Edited: 23 July 2014, 20:53
Montreal
Level Contributor
4,488 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SRLM Animation and Entertainment

Well... I left my heart at the Melia Cayo Coco. My husband and I are 30 and 42 (HIM being the 42:) And we found it to be the perfect mix of entertainment and relaxing. Loved the evening lobby music, starts around 6 I think and even continues for another hour after the show is over. Its quiet by the pool in the AM, but pretty lively by afternoon.

MCC isn't cheap, and I'm going broke but we went in April and are headed back in October.

Slightly less expensive, Playa Pesquero was great.

Brantford
Level Contributor
675 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: SRLM Animation and Entertainment

Thanks again CubaJunkie,

I did see you were @ the MCC and LOVED it. We were @ the MCG in April but they didn't have early evening music in the lobby area :(

Have a great trip :)

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,488 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SRLM Animation and Entertainment

Thanks! :)

Let me know what you end up choosing. We liked SRLM. It's a bit old and shabby, but the food was good, service mostly great, and the beach.. OH MY GOD the BEACH. Amazing.

ottawa
Level Contributor
3,453 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SRLM Animation and Entertainment

CJ, we are heading there in Sept. Hope it's not too shabby....Did you stay on the Lunes side??

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,488 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SRLM Animation and Entertainment

Nope- Mares. Room 4026, probably the best view in the entire resort. The whole resort could do with a coat of paint on the outside of the buildings. When we were there, it had had some damages from Hurricane Sandy the same year and the roofs were missing some shingles, etc.. The inside of the rooms though were very 4 star average. Clean and comfortable. From what I heard, the Lunes rooms are a bit nicer inside.

Honestly, of all our resorts this one sits somewhere in the middle. Average food/drink/entertainment but with phenomenal views and a to-die-for beach. I'd go back for the right deal.

We did have three overcast, cold days, and also didn't make any new friends there, was not a friendly week. That may have tainted my view a little. We like to socialize on vacation.

ottawa
Level Contributor
3,453 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: SRLM Animation and Entertainment

Thanks for that info, CJ. After MCC I'm sure nothing will measure up, but we always go with an open mind and wanted a change from other resorts in Holguin. Holding out for MCC again, in the spring and are off on Alaskan cruise this Sunday :).

Cheers!

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,488 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: SRLM Animation and Entertainment

You were regulars at the Blau right?

I'm pretty sure that SRLM will be pretty on par with that, slightly better. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

We LOVED the Mexican a la carte.. Which seems to be everyone else's least favorite. That was fine by us- we went twice. The resort wine was horrible stuff, but they sell bottles outside the buffet for dinner. Only place I've seen that. 8CUC for a Frontera from Chile- I think I bought one every night lol.

Have a fabulous time on your cruise!!! Only three dodos till that! :)

ottawa
Level Contributor
3,453 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: SRLM Animation and Entertainment

Yes, we were Blau regulars, but picked up a few too many "frens" and only a couple of friends who we will see at their home. We love Mexican food, in fact, so much so that we are hoping to squeeze a quick trip into Mexico sometime this winter, budget and time permitting -travel while you can !! I am pretty used to crappy wine at some resorts so we will definitely purchase the Chilean. Hell, we've saved so much by not going to MCC, we should be able to buy a round of bottles for everyone ;). Yes, only 3 dodos to go and trying to hide the suitcases from Santana as he hates it when we go away. Thanks for the good wishes, CJ!!

Get answers to your questions about Guardalavaca