We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tabyana Beach and Dolphin Encounter

colorado
Level Contributor
3 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Tabyana Beach and Dolphin Encounter

Has anyone partiicapted in the Dolphin Encounter at Tabyana Beach? Is there one particular company for this activity? Thanks

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
170 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tabyana Beach and Dolphin Encounter

The only Dolphin encounter is at Anthony's Key. Are you looking at a cruise activity? Try cruisecritic.com

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,670 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tabyana Beach and Dolphin Encounter

I always laugh when someone asks about the special Tabyana Beach

This is a small section of West Bay in Roatan. The cruise companies use a section of the beach (above the high water mark) to `coral` the visitors

No Dolphins anywhere close

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,670 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tabyana Beach and Dolphin Encounter

Sorry to be rude but dolphin encounters are at Anthony Key Resort (AKR)

Roatan
Level Contributor
621 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tabyana Beach and Dolphin Encounter

As other's have mentioned, there is no dolphin encounter at Tabyana Beach it is at Anthony's Key. Tabyana is a small area of the larger West Bay Beach. It is often the name used in cruise ship descriptors and it seems that's maybe where you misunderstood. The tour might be Tabyana Beach AND Dolphin encounter. Anyway, I have been on the Dolphin Encounter and the Snorkel with the Dolphins and have taken many of our family and friends. Everyone loved it!!! I thought the encounter was a bit rigid and expensive for the experience but I guess I was alone because everyone we have ever taken there over the years LOVED it. The snorkel with the dolphins definitely made up for any short fall I may have felt at the encounter.

Tabyana beach is a small part of the incredible, white sand, turquoise water West Bay Beach. It's amazing. If you are looking for a "tour company" to help with your planning, check out www.boddentours. He has been reviewed on trip advisor and his company is very reputable. I hope this helps you a bit.

5. Re: Tabyana Beach and Dolphin Encounter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2010, 05:17