We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Out of the Blue??

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
12 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Out of the Blue??

Just wondering if anyone has stayed here recently or has any information on the place. I've had excellent communication from the staff so far via e-mail and they seem more than helpful, but it seems that finding any recent information or reviews is a difficult task!

Just looking for any current information. It seems like a steal of the deal but it's hard to trust any of the scarce reviews as most of them come from "one time reviewers" from years ago that were never heard from again.

Thanks!!

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,302 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Out of the Blue??

I have not stayed there but I know where it is, the building has been there at least eleven years.... Hmm maybe I should say the little store has been there at least eleven years.

roatanoutofthebluewestbay.com/Home_Page.php

From the web site it would be a place I would consider.

I had a peak at t he reviews one was from Feb of this year... I understand what they are saying.... if a person is a "resort" kind then this would not fit the bill.

It looks a very nice, clean sorts rustic kinda spot.

When are you considering a visit to the island? I ask cause I will be staying not far from this place and would be happy to go have a look for you.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,494 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Out of the Blue??

It is a great location - pretty much the center of West Bay beach, far enough down that not many of the cruise ship folks come that far... short walks to the west end of the beach for the easy access to the reef, Bananarama (Thirsty Turtle) etc and short walk to the east down to Bite on the Beach. The Emerald Beach Club "road" and one set of condos separates it from Henry Morgan. The minimart was able to remedy a rum shortage crisis during an impromptu sunset pina coladas on the beach party last spring.

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
12 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Out of the Blue??

Oh good! Well I feel much better knowing that it for sure exists. Unfortunately I'm a pretty trusting/naive kind of person and it bit me in the butt this year when I fell victim to a $240 internet scam... so I had to clarify a little bit before I went sending more money to people online!

We'll be there from February 5-19th!!

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
293 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Out of the Blue??

Haven't stayed there but walked past many times in our last two trips there. Great spot and looks nice. You will be pleased

5. Re: Out of the Blue??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2011, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about West Bay