We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

Which West Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manitoba
Level Contributor
344 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants

Looking for names of restaurants people would recommend not to miss in the West Bay area of Roatan???????????? What is the average price for meals out?? What are the local brands of rum and beer????????

League City, Texas
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants

I highly recommend the Lobster dinner for two at Celeste's Island Cuisine. Six courses including a bottle of wine for $60. Reserve in advance. I also enjoyed my meal at Bite on the Beach and loved the pizza at Infinity Bay. Flor de Cana is a very good rum that is available most places.

League City, Texas
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants

I highly recommend the Lobster dinner for two at Celeste's Island Cuisine. Six courses including a bottle of wine for $60. Reserve in advance. I also enjoyed my meal at Bite on the Beach and loved the pizza at Infinity Bay. Flor de Cana is a very good rum that is available most places.

3. Re: Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 June 2011, 02:35
Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
577 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants

Take a water taxi to West End for restaurants. Much better selection and less expensive as well. You can get a great chicken dinner at the chicken rotisserie for $5.00 (inlcuding 2 salads), very good local balladas for $1.50 each or you can spend some money and eat at Tongs (excellent Tai food), Coconut Tree for steak and fish, etc. The list is quite extensive. In Sandy Bay there is Rick's Cafe, Blue Bahia, Tranquil Seas and more, so try to get out of West Bay area and do some exploring. There was a restaurant list poted on here some time back, Do a search.

Local beer: Salva Vida, Barena and Port Royal.

Edited: 31 May 2011, 12:45
San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
60 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants

Last night we ate at an Indian Restaurant called Ooloonthoo http://www.ooloonthoo.com/

It is the best Indian food I have ever had, let alone any type of food. The flavors were great. It is a little pricey at $38 per person for an appetizer and entree, but well worth it and it is a beautiful place. You have to make a reservation as there is only seating for about 10 people. I

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,791 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants

besos is a fantastic place to eat. right on the beach, the owner is delightful and the food and drinks are the best on roatan. there are cheaper places on the island but there aren't better places.

League City, Texas
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants

Sorry for the triple post. Must have been the vino.....LOL!!!!

League City, Texas
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants

Sorry for the triple post. Must have been the vino.....LOL!!!!

Level Contributor
173 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants

Half Moon Bay Resort - quiet and peaceful, over the water,reasonably priced and very good. Lunch or supper.

Pizza at Bella Napoli in Sandy Bay or coconut shrimp at Blue Bahia

For a local, cultural experience try the lunch counter at Warrens in Coxen Hole

Any street side food we tried was delicious, pineapple filled cookies, fried meat, pork rinds etc etc

Fruit and veggies off the trucks are superior to anything found in the grocery stores

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
395 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants

Infinity Bay for Pizza, Celestes for the romantic dinner, Try Vintage Pearl for a little more upscale dining experience and Fosters has excellent food as well. Sunday night for smoked ribs at Bananarama is also fun. I would also recommend taking a water taxi to West End to enjoy the restaurants and bars there. It is a great experience that I'm sure you will enjoy (The water taxi from Infinity Bay runs until 9pm). I discovered Ron Zacapa Centenario 23 year old Rum on Roatan. It is imported from Guatemala and is about $40 per bottle at the Plaza Mar. If you are a serious Rum drinker, you will want to bring some of this back home. I cannot find it in Alberta but found a couple of stores that did carry it in the past and it was selling for over $100. Did not drink Rum on the rocks until now!!