We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roatan...2nd attempt

New Jersey
Level Contributor
459 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Roatan...2nd attempt

Last year my trip to Roatan fell through and I went to Tulum instead (which I loved)

This year the flights to RTB are better for end of Nov, and I am thinking of coming down solo.

Torn between 2 properties at West Bay Village, or a studio at Infinity Bay. The village I can get for less $$, but some of the amenities at Infinity look nice and maybe a better chance to meet people. Can you go to the bar there if you are not staying there? Are there any other places real close to the village? The knees are starting to go and long walks can get rough.

Also, last year there was an owner at Infinity that had some really good prices on the Studios, but it seems all the condo's are around the same price now ( which is still good ) Does anyone know who he is?

I want to make this happen this year.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roatan...2nd attempt

Any Bar/ restaurant will be more than happy to take your money, you need not be staying at that resort to give it to them.

Meeting people on West Bay Beach is easy...no need to worry about where you are staying for this to happen.

I don't know what long walks means to you but the whole of West Bay Beach can't be walked in 15 mins if you not drinking as you go or playing the the water. :)

Choose the accommodation you prefer the rest of it will fall in line just fine, by the by West Bay Village shares a property line with Infinity.

Enjoy the island

Tegucigalpa...
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Roatan...2nd attempt

In my opinion I would go for the Infinity Bay, you can just enjoy the amenities . You can go to any of the bars/restaurants without been a guest so don´t worry about that.

Have a great trip!

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
496 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Roatan...2nd attempt

You do realize that the end of November is the deepest in the heart of the rainy season as you can get right? It may be nice, weird things happen but it is the time for best chance of a lot of rain

New Jersey
Level Contributor
459 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roatan...2nd attempt

I have been traveling this same time frame almost every year and get the same story from Costa Rica, Tulum, and the Caribbean...I have always missed it. .

My Motto is "Unlucky in love....lucky in vacation weather"

That said, I know my luck will change one day, but I will go optimistic and remember that a rainy day on vacation is better than a sunny day at work. After this year who knows what Mother Nature has in store for us.

This just happens to be the easiest week to get away from work the entire year, and also one of the cheapest airfare wise.

salsa savant
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roatan...2nd attempt

Please pm me with your vacation schedules annually-thanks

:o)

Concord, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Roatan...2nd attempt

i have stayed at both west bay village in two different cottages and also at infinity bay... email me and i will give you pros and cons...reneemillermiami@gmail.com

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Roatan...2nd attempt

Just a little FYI....we've traveled to Costa Rica, Panama & other in heart of rainy season & were also very, very fortunate weather wise. Been 3x to Roatan in the last 15 months. 1x at Christmas( rainy/ with some sun ), last March ( PERFECT weather ), this March ( very rainy 1st two days, 5 days of sun but poured every night through the night ). I would say it was rainier than our other places mentioned in rainy season. But, it didn't put a damper on things, lol! Would return in a heartbeat. Still had plenty of sun sun. Just expect the unexpected.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
369 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Roatan...2nd attempt

I can't speak to West Bay Village, although it looks very nice. I can, however, say that people were very friendly at Infinity Bay (maybe it's the matching wristbands : ) We visited with singles, couples, went out to dinner with groups, lunched with other couples, etc. Plus, there's a palapa bar near the beach that seems to have a friendly vibe, as well. I don't think you can go wrong at either spot, because they're both on Roatan, but I would go Infinity Bay for socialization.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
459 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Roatan...2nd attempt

After 2 attempts through VRBO, I was never contacted for West Bay Village, but then the unit that I wanted in Infinity bay opened up so IB it is. May be more comfortable there if I do hit a rainy day.

Looking forward to it.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
385 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Roatan...2nd attempt

"I have been traveling this same time frame almost every year and get the same story from Costa Rica, Tulum, and the Caribbean...I have always missed it. .

My Motto is "Unlucky in love....lucky in vacation weather"

That said, I know my luck will change one day, but I will go optimistic and remember that a rainy day on vacation is better than a sunny day at work. After this year who knows what Mother Nature has in store for us.

This just happens to be the easiest week to get away from work the entire year, and also one of the cheapest airfare wise."

I love that attitude.....I wish more people took that attitude rather than trying to control every little thing about their vacation. It would make life so much easier for all involved.

Take it slow and enjoy your stay....I love Roatan!