We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No Bug bites

ontario
Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
No Bug bites

Just got back from Henry Morgan and had a great time there.

I did not spray and did not get bit.My wife got bites all over Her!

Drug companies will like this !!!!!!!

I take vitamin B-12 and talking to other people that did not get bit

either .Most also took B-12 . This is only My opinion , But could save some suffering as the bites are nasty.

Would be interested to know if this works for others ???

Mentioned in this post
Henry Morgan Beach Resort
Henry Morgan Beach Resort
1,604 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
162 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No Bug bites

Stu, my friend and neighbor recommended we also take B12 before a trip last year. I think it worked somewhat for me. How long did you take the B12 before your trip?

ontario
Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No Bug bites

I take it all the time but I think two weeks before and while you are there would be fine ?

roatan
Level Contributor
287 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No Bug bites

I also take a B Complex and have for years. Last year I stopped for about 4 months and started to get bites! Needless to say I'm back on the B. It seemed to take about 3 months for it to kick in enough to make me not -so- tasty any longer.

Cheers

Bonnie

ontario
Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No Bug bites

could be the key to no bites ???

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
6,164 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: No Bug bites

One would think if this was the key to stopping insect bites that someone would market it.

B.

ontario
Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: No Bug bites

You would know Bonnie ! If your from Roatan.

Mentioned in this post
Roatan
Roatan
Bay Islands, Honduras
Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: No Bug bites

Read enough about insect bites and you will realize that everyone is different and what works for some does not work at all for others. In controlled studies the B vitamine thing has never been shown effective yet it just may work for some, the same can be said for garlic, plain skin so soft, etc...

roatan
Level Contributor
287 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: No Bug bites

You are correct Kan. We used to go camping in Northern Ontario and that's where I discovered B worked for me. It's all in the chemistry between what you use and your body.

Happy it works for me because I'm not a fan of DEET and skin so soft only makes me want to hold my nose ;)

B vitamins need to be taken regularly over a period of time and for certain folks taking B's is a good thing overall.

Cheers to finding what works for you!

Bonnie

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,605 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: No Bug bites

Kan M....you seem to have great info. What are your thoughts on "Cactus Juice"?

Moses Lake...
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: No Bug bites

It all depends on your body chemistry, my husband and I both take B all the time and he gets bites and I don't get as many. Other way around when we are at home. So we spray and take medication for malaria. Only takes one bite.