We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caribbean Freedive Cup

Augusta, Georgia
Level Contributor
8 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Caribbean Freedive Cup

Anyone else going to be there for the first freediving competition in Roatan?

We will be traveling to Roatan from May 25-June1st and it is a total fluke that I happened to book our vacation during this time. I consider myself more of an extreme snorkeler, but my husband is a bit of a freediving geek.

We'd love to meet other people while we're down there and not be the only non-(scuba) divers out on boats!

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
293 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caribbean Freedive Cup

if anyone is offering free diving classes they're well worth signing up for. a guy named tex runs classes here on utila under the name apnea free diving. i'm sure tex will be there, if he's teaching i highly recommend giving it a try. getting people who could only hold their breath for a minute or so prior to the course to stay down between 3 and 5 minutes is a common achievement for his students.

Gaithersburg...
Level Contributor
235 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caribbean Freedive Cup

My family will be there the same week as this competition...any idea how many people/competitors this brings to West Bay for the week?

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
293 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caribbean Freedive Cup

i'm pretty sure this is the first time its been held in roatan so its hard to tell how many will attend. i know it lasts for 10 days and the world champions are competing so it must be a pretty big deal (at least amongst free divers).

4. Re: Caribbean Freedive Cup

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2014, 05:18