We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Infinity Bay or Mayan Princess?

Orillia, Canada
Level Contributor
176 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Infinity Bay or Mayan Princess?

Pros and Con's of either? They are looking to be pretty close to the same price ( Mayan is slightly cheaper) . Want the best snorkelling

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Infinity Bay or Mayan Princess?

West Bay Beach is not a long beach, both MP and IB are on West Bay Beach.

There is super snorkeling the entire length of this beach, but the safest and easiest area to enter the water to access the reef is closest to IB. But, the walk from MP to this spot is maybe an 8 minute stroll....not an issue.

Many here will say IB is more upscale & the better resort. It certainly is beautiful & I am sure its a great place to stay. That being said, I find the stretch of beach in front of IB much busier.....MP is a very nice spot & has numerous upgrades over the last two years. I personally find their property prettier than IB....but that's just me.

So, basically...both are good choices, and both are close to great snorkeling. :)

Perth, Canada
Level Contributor
270 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Infinity Bay or Mayan Princess?

Ditto what Faithie said.

Comayagua, Honduras
Level Contributor
21 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Infinity Bay or Mayan Princess?

Infinity Bay

4. Re: Infinity Bay or Mayan Princess?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 September 2013, 19:35
Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
183 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Infinity Bay or Mayan Princess?

Mayan is beat to death read the reviews it is in desperate need of attention.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
459 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Infinity Bay or Mayan Princess?

I was just on an excursion yesterday with some people staying at Mayan Princess and they were all complaining of the food...this was two different couples that did not know each other.

Edited: 07 September 2013, 03:56
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Infinity Bay or Mayan Princess?

outsidethecage.ca/mayan-princess-roatan-hond…

Different strokes for different folks.

All in all, You probably can't go wrong with either place. :)

s S
Iowa City, Iowa
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Infinity Bay or Mayan Princess?

Does anyone know if Malaria still seems to be an issue in Roatan? Do most people get Malaria pills before traveling there?

s S
Iowa City, Iowa
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Infinity Bay or Mayan Princess?

Does anyone know if malaryia is still an issue in Roatan?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,494 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Infinity Bay or Mayan Princess?

s S - you generaly won't get good thoughtful answers to questions that have nothing to do with the original posting. I would refer you to the right hand column on the main Roatan Forum page which lists "Top Questions" where there are long and thoughtful discussions about malaria and other health conditions.

Let's just say there is no single answer we can agree on other than A. there is some malaria on the island and B.The risk level is not very high and C. Most people take preventative measures against getting mosquito bites, some take medication because they consider even the low risk of a major illness is worth taking medication, and some people get malaria every year.

Get answers to your questions about West Bay
Recent Conversations