We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort

Trenton, Canada
Level Contributor
760 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort

My husband and I are thinking about going the First week of February 2015, is this a good time of the year to go? I have a friend that went to Roatan the 2nd week of January and rained the whole week.

Any recommendations of resorts. we thought this one looked lovely.

We really aren't the adventurous type, but love the ocean, pools, good food, nice rooms.

Ok, we like to relax.. lol.

thanks for you help

Charlene

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort

First week of February is still within the dates of the rainy season... some years that week will be perfect, some years it will have rain. Truly a crapshoot.

Trenton, Canada
Level Contributor
760 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort

thanks for your quick reply,

Have you been to Roatan often? do you know anything about this resort?

Is there one that would be nicer?

Thanks

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort

Our friends stay at IB and like it very much. I think with your stated interests you would be very happy there... you might have come up with the very best spot on your first try.

We are more into rustic digs and staying 8 weeks at a time, so IB isn't a good fit!

If you do a little searching on this forum page you'll find lots of testimonials for IB.

Trenton, Canada
Level Contributor
760 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort

Wonderful!! thanks again :)

Chicago
Level Contributor
194 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort

My wife and I stayed there last year and will be staying there again next month for 11 days.

They are condo units not hotel rooms. We have a full size fridge, stove, microwave and even a washer & dryer.

The property is very clean and well maintained and the pool is huge.

Directly behind the property are 2 great places that offer a $5 breakfast and a convenience store.

The best snorkeling on the island is right in front of IB.

I can't imagine anyone being disappointed with the property.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort

My apologies if I sound persnickety but there is little directly behind Infinity past their parking lot.. one need walk either down the road or down the beach and to the road to get to West Bay Lodge or West Bay Mall. I just don't want people looking the the wrong spot. :0)

I am not all together sure the best snorkeling on the island is in front of Infinity but the snorkeling is good and the reef is very easy to access. There are plenty of places in Sandy Bay and West End that are less traveled by people and very nice indeed. I have wonderful things about Maya Key as well.

To the OP, I agree with Sir Idiot, I believe you have found your needs in Infinity.

Chicago
Level Contributor
194 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort

Pardon me. I consider Infinity Bays parking lot to be part of Infinity. The first little cafe is about 50 feet past the parking lot.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort

Grand.. that clears that up, Thank you!

NH
Level Contributor
14 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort

My husband and I stayed at Infinity Bay from January 25 to February 3, 2014. We have already booked our vacation there again because we LOVED it so much.

We heard that it rained for 6 days straight a week or two before we arrived. It was overcast the day we landed, and then it was overcast for two days in middle, but we only had rain for half a day. The rest of the time it was gorgeous. You can still enjoy the beach when the sun is not out bright, it's very warm there. Plus there are a bunch of great places you can walk to (on the sand) to grab some drinks and/or food and occupy your time. IB has an outdoor beach bar and restaurant and everything was great. The breakfast buffet above the lobby was touch and go. The food up and down the beach is all very American, very good and reasonably priced. If you are looking for native cultural food here you won't find it. Just lots of coconut shrimp, which was fine with us. We did find a great little place that served incredible baleadas called Celeste's (walking distance on the road). Best meal of the week was a toss-up between smoked bbq ribs at the Thirsty Turtle and a more upscale meal at the Vintage Pearl.

We booked our condo through an owner on VRBO. It is quite a bit cheaper than booking direct and you get all the same amenities.

I know people who have gone to the desert climate of Aruba and it rained all week. It can happen anywhere. Our worst weather experience was Jamaica. Bring an umbrella, if it rains, it rains. Tan before you get there so you won't feel so bad if it does. We are going back right in the thick of rainy season in December. It's so laid back and carefree in Roatan like nowhere else that I have ever been, so rain really doesn't matter. I just can't wait to go back. Hope this helps. Have fun planning your vacation!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,645 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort

I see that you are from Canada so I am assuming you are considering the all inclusive package at Infinity Bay with Sunwing. Been there, done that and IMHO Infinity Bay is the ONLY property out of Sunwing`s AI repertoire that I would recommend...the other AI properties that Sunwing offers are 3-4 star. You pay for what you get. The first two times I went was the during the first week of February (2010 and 2011) and we had absolutely perfect weather. Third time was towards end of March (2014)...have been lucky..always have had great snorkeling weather. In case you are new to the Roatan forum...the AI`s that Sunwing offers just feed you 3 squares that`s it...and have a limited drink menu...they aren`t like AI`s in Mexico/Dominican where there is entertainment, daily activities and 5 million things on the buffet and 8 a la cartes to choose from. The second and third time we went we booked our accomodations separately and just got groceries in for breakfast and lunch and then we went out for dinner everynight...depends what suits you best. I do find that it is noisy at Infinity Bay during the day as there is loud music next door for the cruisers when they are in....but for your first trip I don 't think you can go wrong with Infinity. Also you won't get any deals on Infinity Bay AI in February so if you are going to book it...just book it early and go for it.