We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bananarama and Cruise Ships

Which West Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denham Springs...
1 post
Save Topic
Bananarama and Cruise Ships

Hello Everyone,

My name is Nicolette and I am staying at the Bananarama Hotel July 30th-Aug 1st (Wed-Sun). I have pretty much read every review listed and most of the only negative reviews are about the cruise ship days. I looked up the cruise ship itinerary and it states that the ships will be at the hotel the Wed. and Thurs. of my stay. Many people have listed that I should do activities not directly on the beach due to the excessive crowds. Does anyone have any suggestions on the activites to do? I love the beach, water excursions, and also anything adventurous. Any suggestions about the hotel, activities, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

(Also, I'm staying in room #17. Does anyone know how this room is)?

Irving, Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bananarama and Cruise Ships

Do some scuba diving. That's what Roatan is known for.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
3,925 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bananarama and Cruise Ships

Free Radical!! ~ http://www.svfreeradical.com/

Have Bananarama find you a driver and head east to Camp Bay.

Virginia
Level Contributor
178 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bananarama and Cruise Ships

We are here now and we are going to try and book an all day tour AWAY from the cruise ship popular destinations this Wednesday. I will post you how it goes and what we do. When we arrived on Saturday, we thought the beach was busy (not sure what to expect) and there were no cruise boats in port. Most people suggest to head east since most excursions from the ports head west to West Bay or West End.

Virginia
Level Contributor
178 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bananarama and Cruise Ships

On Wednesday when the cruise ships are at West Bay for most of the day, we rented a taxi who took us to a different part of the island. He gave us an option of paying a day pass at Fantasy Island Resort for $15 or Parrot Tree resort, which I believe was free. We chose Fantasy Island because we heard that the snorkeling was good there. We also took advantage of the free classes - aquagym (a quick water aerobic class on the beach) and dance lessons, as well as play volleyball. Taxi $140 for all day for 9 of us. We drove to Parrot Tree later and it seemed nice as well.

We did end up going to Camp Bay or the East side of the island on a different day but its a long drive. I think the activity you decide to do depends on how much you are willing to spend and how long you want to be gone. Our group was on a "modest budget" and did not take choose Pigeon Cay or Cayus Cochinos which I would have loved to have gone.

On Thursday, the cruise ships leave around lunchtime, so we did not leave WB but we snorkeled early around 8.

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
199 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bananarama and Cruise Ships

When we were there last August, the days of cruise ships, which was on,y 2, yes, there were a lot of people. However, they weren't there that long and you as a guest of Bananarma, have access to the island Pearl area. You could still be on the beach, in your chair, and almost no one around you.

As for room 17, it should be ok, there is a public shower just in front of it though. Room 18 is the noisiest room on the property, and it's next door, we stayed in it for 2 nights until we could get into room 15. The noise may be a factor for 17 also, though I'm not sure- it's the driveway into the property and the workers that ride motorcycles park right there. I highly recommend the $20 (I think) per night to move over to 15 or 16, it's much quiter, has a view of the water and a separate bedroom and front area. PM me if you have any questions, we've stayed at BR several times and will be back on Roatan in 2 weeks :)

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
199 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bananarama and Cruise Ships

When we were there last August, the days of cruise ships, which was only 2, yes, there were a lot of people. However, they weren't there that long and you, as a guest of Bananarama, have access to the island Pearl area. You could still be on the beach, in your chair, and almost no one around you.

As for room 17, it should be ok, there is a public shower just in front of it though. Room 18 is the noisiest room on the property, and it's next door, we stayed in it for 2 nights until we could get into room 15. The noise may be a factor for 17 also, though I'm not sure- it's the driveway into the property and the workers that ride motorcycles park right there. I highly recommend the $20 (I think) per night to move over to 15 or 16, it's much quiter, has a view of the water and a separate bedroom and front area. PM me if you have any questions, we've stayed at BR several times and will be back on Roatan in 2 weeks :)

7. Re: Bananarama and Cruise Ships

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2015, 05:15