We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Village or hamlet about 5 miles inland from Andora

Teesside, England
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Village or hamlet about 5 miles inland from Andora

I hope someone can help.

About 25 years ago we hired a large old house (with a large balcony) which was "about" 5 miles inland from the costal town of Andora. I remember we used to drive inland passing the turn off for Conna then thorough a little village. After about a couple of miles past this village there was a few houses on the right including a bread shop. The house we hired was about a couple of hundred yards to the left "possibly" over a little stream. The property was English owned and I think it had originally been the main house of an olive grove.

Does anyone know the name of this hamlet/village or the property?

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
32,731 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Village or hamlet about 5 miles inland from Andora

Could it be the Bossaneto frazione (district) of Stellanello?

Teesside, England
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Village or hamlet about 5 miles inland from Andora

I guess it could be . . . . but those words don't ring a bell !

I seem to remember the little village we used to drive through had a narrow part to the road. Past this little village (and before we came to the house we hired) there were apricot trees on the left.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
32,731 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Village or hamlet about 5 miles inland from Andora

Try putting a journey between Andora Marina and Stellanello into http://www.viamichelin.com and see if any of the names on the map en route ring a bell.

Teesside, England
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Village or hamlet about 5 miles inland from Andora

OK thanks, I'll try that.

BS

5. Re: Village or hamlet about 5 miles inland from Andora

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2010, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Andora