We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Astara

Baku, Azerbaijan
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
From Astara

Hi,

My question is for Iranians. For 4 days traveling what would you recommend to see not too far from Astara and sea. I like cool and clean places. I was recommended Lahijan. Is Rasht worth a stay? What is the most convenient way to get from Astara to Lahijan?

Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
191 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Astara

I recommend you to go Masuleh village . You can also see ghale rudkhan . Ghale rudghan abd masuleh are near . You can sleep in masuleh . However there arent very good hotels in masuleh itself ( it has a 2 star hotel ) but i think its nice to sleep in the village . You can also see Asalem to Khalkhal road which is nice .

Or 1 night in Sarein to use natural hot water . On the way to sarein in ardabil you can see sheikh Safidin ardabili tomb .

Tehran
Level Contributor
109 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Astara

Astara and you have quite good options to visit. Based on the distance from the nearest sites:

1.Heyrani Road that leads to Sar Ein and Ardebil. Very beautiful nature with a cable car and carting facilities on the top. Do not forget to have some barbecued corn in this route that is on sale on different parts beside the road. From there you can go to Sar Ein to use hot water springs but as far as I know they are not as clean as you said.

2. Go to Bandar Anzali and from there to Masouleh as April said. In Bandar Anzali take a visit of Anzali swamp with a local boat and be sure you won't regret it. After that continue your way to Masouleh a beautiful village near there.

3. Ghale Roudkhan and Lahijan are other options that you can make it if you had time. Roudkhan is a castle on green hills dates back to about 1300 years ago. There is a cable car in Lahijan too and this city is the first point in Iran to grow tea.

Edited: 31 May 2014, 06:18
Qabala, Azerbaijan
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: From Astara

Can anybody write about hotel costs in Astara and Ardabil pls. Or which website I can book hotels online?

Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
191 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Astara

You can't book online from outside Iran . So or you have to ask someone to book for you or just book it on arrival .

In Astara there is spinas hotel 4 star double 80 dollar .

Isatis Astara 3 star double 50 dollar .

For Ardabil . You want to stay in Sarein or Ardabil itself ?

There is a site hotelyar.com which is good but you can't book from outside Iran as they can't accept foreign credit cards .

Reply to: From Astara
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Astara
Recent Conversations