We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chattel Village cigar store?

Which Holetown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Falmouth, United...
Level Contributor
186 posts
169 reviews
Save Topic
Chattel Village cigar store?

Last time we were in Barbados, 5 years ago, there was an excellent cigr store in the Chattel Village complex in Holetown. Can anyone tell me if it is still there and the name of the company please? I used to e-mail the guy to see what stock they had before we visited

North Bay
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Chattel Village cigar store?

Sorry but I am unable to answer your question. However there is a cigar store ( I can't recall the name) next to the Waterfront Cafe in Bridgetown.

northbay

North Bay
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Chattel Village cigar store?

Apparently there is also a manufacturing plant where you can watch the cigars being rolled before you purchase them. (as described below)

I am from Barbados and have taken my husband to the Royal Barbados Cigar Co. It is by the Pelican Market in Bridgetown, right behind it. He loved it and bought lots of cigars, the women rolling the cigars took pictures with him as well.

northbay

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
3,804 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chattel Village cigar store?

Don't remember seeing a cigar only store in the Chattel Village for the past 3 years ... but did go to the one in Pelican Village

... very interesting to watch them hand roll the cigars

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,327 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chattel Village cigar store?

Yes the cigar shop is still there at the Chattel Village. Was there in October anyhow. It is situated right at the back behind the Devine Cafe. Sorry, cant remember the name.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chattel Village cigar store?

Oh I love Royal Barbados cigars. Hmmmmm gonna have to get a few while I'm there. They have such a mild flavor. Yes, I do smoke an occasional cigar with a good glass of red wine :).

warwickshire uk
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Chattel Village cigar store?

hi just what every good man needs a woman who can cook, smokes a cigar and loves a good bottle of italian borolo , just right up my street ?

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,327 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chattel Village cigar store?

The name of the Cigar shop is 'Havana Hut Cigars'

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chattel Village cigar store?

I'm a woman of many talents!

If you go to the Royal Barbados Factory you used to be able to get "seconds" that are just as good as the perfects for a better price. They just didn't pass inspection because the roll wasn't tight enough etc.

Hanover, Canada
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chattel Village cigar store?

they also have a freezer full of cigars, probably seconds. Freezing cigars dries out the tobacco, but, the humidity in the air should plump them up once they've thawed out.

The factory will also deliver them to your resort. You don't get factory pricing this way, though it does save you the trip in to Bridgetown.

10. Re: Chattel Village cigar store?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2010, 05:16