We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gym - Holetown

Lincolnshire, UK
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Gym - Holetown

We will be in Barbados for one month Nov/Dec and my husband would love to use a good gym if possible. I know the one in the mall has closed sometime ago but I have seen one called J & S Health and Fitness through Google, I think it is in Holders Hill.

Anyone know if this one is still open and how far from Holetown is Holders Hill, is it walking distance? Or does anyone know of a GOOD hotel gym we could e-mail in or near Holetown.

Thanks Jenny

south east
Level Contributor
918 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gym - Holetown

When I was in Bim last month, someone told me they go to the gym in Holders Hill, so it must still be open. I didn't even know where it was, so I am intrigued to find it. I looked out for it on our way to the airport, but couldn't see a sign. Holders is not what would be my normal walking distance - but others may disagree - you could always jog there! Otherwise, you could catch a bus from Holetown.

Lincolnshire, UK
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gym - Holetown

Thanks Sunshinegirl, there is a website for the gym albeit a rubbish one, with a contact form that doesn't work.. The address is 6, Holders Hill. St James. I have found a bit more about it from the Settlers Beach Hotel Website:-

We are able to offer you free use of an offsite gym, located 7 minutes by taxi from the hotel.

You will be required to register with front desk so that you can be issued with admittance cards. We will then notify the gym that you are coming so that one of their friendly staff can give you an overview of the gym and its services.

J&S Health, Fitness & Sports Academy is a small operation that is well presented and has fully qualified trainers. They can offer you the following services:

Opening Hours: Mon-Fri: 4.00am - 10.00pm

Sat: 7.00am - 7.00pm / Sun - CLOSED

Contact Person: Charles Jones

Cardio & Weight Room * Spinning Classes

Aerobics Classes * Personal Trainers

Massage therapy

So hopefully my husband will be able to use this gym, it doesn't look too far to walk but that is looking on a map online which can be deceiving. Maybe someone else will know exactly where it is. Where abouts is Settlers Beach Hotel ?

Jenny

Edited: 06 November 2011, 16:19
Lincolnshire, UK
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gym - Holetown

I have found where Settlers Beach Hotel is and it is further out from Holetown than we are. Our villa ( I think) is near to the Texaco station in Holetown so..........is that nearer to be able to walk to Holders Hill ?

Thanks

Jenny

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,360 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gym - Holetown

Not really, its still a very long walk to Holders Hill. You would need to get a taxi or the bus. Settlers Beach is only about 5-10 min walk to the Texaco garage in Holetown.

south east
Level Contributor
918 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gym - Holetown

You are definitely closer to Settlers than Holders.

6. Re: Gym - Holetown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2012, 05:17