We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses From Kensington Oval ???

6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Buses From Kensington Oval ???

Hi Everyone

We are looking forward to our trip to Barbados arriving 17 Jan and would love to catch the 20 /20 match on 19th at the Oval. As we are staying in Holetown would it be possible to get a bus back from close by that time of night when it finishes I wonder ???? Thanks for any info x

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,202 posts
350 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses From Kensington Oval ???

LilGrayFox

I'm assuming you're attending the 8pm game, which will most likely go until after 11pm if a big total is made (Guyana v Windward Islands)

No buses pass outside the Oval at anytime of the day going into or past Holetown. However, you could walk 10-15 minutes into the capital Bridgetown to the Princess Alice Bus Terminal where you could take one of several buses there. Nonetheless, I do not recommend it as the last buses leave at 12am, and you'll be walking a pretty lonesome stretch of road (Fontabelle), to get there.

As such, I recommend you take one of several taxis which will be available after the game and stationed right outside the Oval. This journey from Fontabelle to Holetown should cost approximately $40 BBD

Hope this helps

Regards

Edited: 15 January 2012, 13:58
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,486 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses From Kensington Oval ???

1 don't th1nc you'll have any problem gett1ng to or from the Oval when cr1ccet 1s play1ng there w1ll be plenty of people l1ce yourselves just go1ng home so the walc down Fontabelle w1ll not be lonesome. 1 myself w1ll be walc1ng further 1nto town to get a bus from Fa1rch1ld Street bus stat1on. 1f you dec1de to get the bus there and tax1 bac there w1ll be plenty of tax1s around that area when the match f1n1shes just mace sure you agree a pr1ce 1n Barbados dollars as prev1ous poster sa1d 1t shouldn't be any more than 40bds hope you enjoy the cr1ccet!!

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses From Kensington Oval ???

I have got my days wrong as it is the Sussex match on the 18 th but it still starts at 8 pm. Will give it some thought and now have a proper idea as to how much to pay for taxi and agree beforehand .

Thanks alot for the advice. !

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,202 posts
350 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buses From Kensington Oval ???

LilGrayFox

You're welcome. I'll be at that game as well as it's vs Barbados.

Regards

5. Re: Buses From Kensington Oval ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2013, 10:20