We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crystal Cove or Mango Bay??

Hayling Island...
Level Contributor
21 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Crystal Cove or Mango Bay??

First timers to Barbados, going in March, in our 50's, which to choose??

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crystal Cove or Mango Bay??

Just wondered, why these two hotels? Both are all inclusive, is that what you are looking for?

Read the many posts on All inclusive versus Hotels/Apartments & eating out or self catering. A much better option in my view.

Also, have you done your research on which side of the island to stay?

Both of these hotels are on the West coast.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,137 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crystal Cove or Mango Bay??

Cathy-Hayling

I'd have to side with Mango Bay. It's a better location, fantastic property, lots of nightlife around and a good beach. Crystal Cove doesn't have the "best" location on the West Coast and there really isn't much around. Also, the nightlife there is really low-keyed.

Regards

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crystal Cove or Mango Bay??

There is a swamp right alongside Mango Bay? I heard they get quite a lot of mosquitos there and if the swamp overflows, the small beach is unusable, and you are bussed to another beach.

Hayling Island...
Level Contributor
21 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crystal Cove or Mango Bay??

Many thanks for your replies, all taken into consideration. We've taken the plunge and after lots and lots of reading have booked Crystal Cove. We don't mind if it's quieter, we'll probably hire a car for a few days and enjoy the reggie reggie bus!, so we'll see other parts of island. Looking forwards to it, only weeks away!! thank you.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,137 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crystal Cove or Mango Bay??

Cathy-Hayling

You're welcome and have a great time in Barbados.

Regards

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,482 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Crystal Cove or Mango Bay??

1 was at Mango Bay last weec and the beach was the best 1've seen 1t for a good few years. 1 also not1ced that further down the beach towards Surfs1de they have bu1lt another dra1nage outlet so hopefully the swamp w1ll not g1ve any more trouble to the hotel. St1ll my favour1te hotel!!!

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
11,154 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Crystal Cove or Mango Bay??

Mango Bay no contest ! I live next door and I've been on the beach today ------------------It's beautiful !"

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
373 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Crystal Cove or Mango Bay??

I'm much encouraged to read this thread, and we'll be staying at the Mango Bay next month. Many thanks for the info - thanks for asking the Q, Cathy-Hayling.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Crystal Cove or Mango Bay??

Hi we are going in MARCH and we have taken the time to p.messge some of the recent reviews for Crystal Cove and they have been uni formally so positive about this resort.

see YOU IN march!

10. Re: Crystal Cove or Mango Bay??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2012, 12:48