We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banks in Holetown & Orange Network

Which Holetown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bedfordshire, UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Banks in Holetown & Orange Network

Going to Barbados the first two weeks in March, can't wait, only 3 weeks to go!!! As previous posts have suggested, we’re going to take Sterling with us and exchange to BBD when we’re there. We’re staying at Mango Bay Hotel...could anyone please tell me if there is a bank within easy walking distance from the hotel?

Also, does anyone know if Orange mobile phones work out there?

Many thanks

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,008 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Banks in Holetown & Orange Network

You basically walk out of the hotel to the main road and you'll see the Royal Bank of Canada or farther south on the waterside is the Bank of Nova Scotia both will gladly exchange your funds and both have ATM's if required.

Suggest you check with Orange about that and their roaming fees.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,521 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Banks in Holetown & Orange Network

madwelshwoman

You will also find the Barbados National Bank within the Limegrove Lifestyle Centre. They all have the same rates as set out by the Central Bank of Barbados.

Yes, Orange mobile phones work here. When you land, depending on your settings it'll give you the option to connect to either DIGICEL or LIME... go with LIME as they have the better network locally. The roaming charges will be a bit steep though... I tend not to use my UK number here unless I have to..

Regards

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,213 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Banks in Holetown & Orange Network

I always find the Barbados National Bank at the rear of the Limegrove centre is less busy than the others.

Just a little tip ...when changing your Sterling they will ask you for your passport to be shown.

Bedfordshire, UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Banks in Holetown & Orange Network

Many thanks for your replies, most helpful. Now that I know a bank is close by I've some USD left from last year that will tie us over for a day.

Thanks also for the tip about Lime network.

Thank again

Regards

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,521 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Banks in Holetown & Orange Network

madwelshwoman

You're welcome. By the way, I love your screen name!

Regards

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
372 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Banks in Holetown & Orange Network

Well, we're coming out to Barbados in March and staying at Mango Bay too!

We'll look out for a Mad Welsh Woman!!!!

If you see us, you'll know us - I'm huge and he's little, so you can't miss us!

Can't believe its only a few weeks away now!

7. Re: Banks in Holetown & Orange Network

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2013, 10:36